VIN Decoder

Django

Road warrior
Thread starter
There is a webpage with a search engine, where you can enter the VIN of your Beemer and get all information about your vehicle, like when it really was built and which configuration, color and so on:
http://www.bmwarchiv.de/vin/

e.g. for my K1100 VIN 0196272: http://www.bmwarchiv.de/vin/0196272.pdf

Question: Is there something like that available at Honda? I'd really like to look up the production details of my CB. In particular I'm interested in the day of build.
 
Django_imp said:
There is a webpage with a search engine, where you can enter the VIN of your Beemer and get all information about your vehicle, like when it really was built and which configuration, color and so on:
http://www.bmwarchiv.de/vin/

e.g. for my K1100 VIN 0196272: http://www.bmwarchiv.de/vin/0196272.pdf

Question: Is there something like that available at Honda? I'd really like to look up the production details of my CB. In particular I'm interested in the day of build.
Django, you could start here:

How to Decode the VIN Number on a Honda Motorcycle

There have been threads regarding VINs. A search would most likely be fruitful.

Cheers
 
Thread starter
Thank you guys for the valuable hints!

Beside the general info, one can get out of the vin, I was hoping, there is also a kind of database available, using the last seven digit of the vin, the serial number of our vehicle, to look up real production details, as bmwarchiv.de provides, like: when exactly it left the final construction, which color, which extras. Honda has this information stored somewhere in an internal database for sure.

Well, may be, I should just more concentrate on enjoying my bike. :D
 
Django, you could try asking Honda Germany. I tried to get some information from Honda Australia about VINs and they weren't helpful. That said, I was looking for general info. If you asked for details about your specific VIN they may be more helpful.
 
Django_imp said:
Thank you guys for the valuable hints!

Beside the general info, one can get out of the vin, I was hoping, there is also a kind of database available, using the last seven digit of the vin, the serial number of our vehicle, to look up real production details, as bmwarchiv.de provides, like: when exactly it left the final construction, which color, which extras. Honda has this information stored somewhere in an internal database for sure.

Well, may be, I should just more concentrate on enjoying my bike. :D
I agree, it's better not to try to figure it all out, I myself have only wasted time.
 
Back
Top