Vetter Fairing

Glad to see another modern CB with a vintage fairing. Looks like it fits good. The windshield and forks have the same angle like they where designed to.
 
Sure looks good!
 
Thread starter
gossman_imp said:
How does it handle with the weight on the forks? Seems like these models aren't as load bearing as the originals.
I'm no expert by any means with my style of riding other than making bumps a little smoother, I haven't encountered any problems. I imagine a Ricky racer would notice the added weight.
Kevin
 
Thread starter
Carguy1959_imp said:
These fairings mount to the frame, better weight distribution. They also weigh less than 30 pounds.
After two days riding with the fairing on averaging 150 miles a day. My trip meter went from 53.7 to 55.6 miles per gallon. Same conditions I always ride streets, curvy paved back roads and some highway. I sure hope it isn't a coincidence.:D
Kevin
 
Wow! Looks like it was made for the CB1100. I think your work will start a new trend for CB owners wanting a retro touring screen. Nice work! Did you take any pictures of the mounts before the fairing was put on? It would be nice to see how it all bolted on.
 
Thread starter
Ron in MO_imp said:
Wow! Looks like it was made for the CB1100. I think your work will start a new trend for CB owners wanting a retro touring screen. Nice work! Did you take any pictures of the mounts before the fairing was put on? It would be nice to see how it all bolted on.
On mine the lower part of the mount and the upper part are held together using the same 4 bolts that hold the fairing to the mount.
Kevin
 
Thread starter
Weighed the bike on highway scales today. With 18.2 miles out of a tank of gas the bike with fairing came in at 560 pounds. I figure the fairing and bracket weigh close to 25 pounds. I've been on all different kinds of roads front suspension performed like it should. I do notice in the 2 to 3 thousand RPM range there is a slight vibration echo in the fairing. All in all it is a pleasure to ride. :clap:
Kevin

Kevin 1 bugs 0 :celebrate:
 
Back
Top