ventura sport rack

fredkb_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
I just installed the ventura sport rack / grab bar.
a3de41302e04c7cab04befeff26ed494.jpg
ee97afa924b98e60c53ce0c952bace82.jpg

Remove grab handle and insert sport rack.
8b6062a927d48a5e5c012facf7e38854.jpg
29efacf6a46368c27aebecfcb761d6bb.jpg

Next, add sport bag.
2cbfccbd51d76fa5ea7e15d32d3d4820.jpg
32693d3847107afbe40ebae364423fac.jpg

I wanted the rack so I could have some storage area when carrying a passenger. I have a seat bag that works great when I ride alone, although you have to kick your leg up high when mounting / dismounting bike. With the sport rack, I do not have to raise my leg so high, as my leg clears the rack by 3 or 4 inches.I can remove rack and install grab handle when I want the bike to look sporty without the luggage rack taking away from the looks. Here is a picture with sport bag, seat bag and magnetic tank bag.
1d949ee96ccfb91d12a5ee1209d7f0f9.jpg

Later I may order the pack rack and a larger bag.These next 2 pictures are not of my bike.
3ce63aab244190bbeef7b45cec1c690f.jpg
048eaa41fb488a43bc06697612d53690.jpg


Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
 
Very nice :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I have the Ventura system on my CB900F which includes the grab rail, sport rail and pack. I also have the complete system for touring and have been using it for nearly 20 years on two different Honda bikes. The first was a NT650 Honda Hawk. Except for the permanent rails on the bikes, everything else fitted the 900F.
I like the system because you can quickly switch back and forth from grab rail to sport rail and pack as needed - as you have shown in the pics.
Made in New Zealand, it's an ingenious system.
 
That's a nice looking rack you have there.
Don't underestimate what you can fit on a "sports" rack. This is my old Ninja 250 with a Renntec sports rack. I know the ocky straps don't look too hot but they held on fine for a ~1900km trip.
 
that rack would be great for mounting flags to for a parade!!! sorry was just in a parade this past weekend and we had some interesting ways of attaching or mounting flags...
 
Thread starter
Just a few more pics.
da673b56b4a7eba2c1da8e7b036a527b.jpg
9640b7451acc80ee30e7eec3039dc711.jpg

Here is my grandaughter Kristin.
de0b24aca216a0d551d7bb1aedf80ceb.jpg


Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
I found a way to install my Firstgear Laguna tail bag on the rack. It is a little nicer quality than the little bag that came from ventura. It has more capacity and is expandable also, where as the ventura bag is kind of smaller and the material it is made from is not as sturdy.
dc951adbd3bfc825fdfde5e0a068c718.jpg
4712c19cd412c5728519d7f20bf9a0ac.jpg


Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top