Valve Cover Baffle lining ?

bflint

Been there
Thread starter
I have my valve cover off to check valve clearances ... and at the same time took all the engine covers off to polish and re-clearcoat (will discuss in later post on refinishing)[attachment=475].  The valve cover has a baffle/cover on the inside held in by 4 bolts so I took it of to see what was underneath.  Well under the coveer is just a channel that leads to the tube connecting to the seperate breather box.  The baffle cover has some type of hard cardboard'ish layer under it that is buckled/warped in several place.  I feel this may just be a noise damper of some type but don't know.  I was wondering if it this "damper" an be replaced.  Does anybody know?
[attachment=479][attachment=478][attachment=479][attachment=476]
 

Attachments

  • IMG_7524.webp
    IMG_7524.webp
    56.3 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_7523.webp
    IMG_7523.webp
    48.7 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_7522.webp
    IMG_7522.webp
    35 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_7521.webp
    IMG_7521.webp
    42.1 KB · Views: 72
I can’t find it on the parts fiche. Not shown on the cover view or parts listing for the cover.
 
Thread starter
Lord Popgun said:
I can’t find it on the parts fiche.  Not shown on the cover view or parts listing for the cover.
Yep ... I know ... gotta buy the who thing for about $900 :)
 
Thread starter
Status update: So I walked into the local Napa Auto Parts store with my used green gasket and ... the service guy took one look at, sniffed it, then said he knew what it was but its not green anymore, its tan. Came back with a roll of "Felpro Karropak 1/32" (12" x 36") Sheet Gasket Making Material". Love Napa! My dad introduced me to them back in the early 70s (he was a mechanic) ... used them for parts when I rebuilt my auto engine in high school auto shop. They always can deal with the hard stuff that you don't see on the shelves ... just have to ask them :)
 
Back
Top