kennyw
Road warrior
I had my 2013 checked at 48K and it was in spec.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

I check/adjust my valves every 24k after initial 12k check when the dealer told me all was in spec. At 24k miles I typically have several valves on the boundary or 0.01mm out of spec. So my checks were at 12k, 36k, 60k and next check is soon to be at 84k miles.balkanhound_imp said:With 10k on my 2017 looks like I will be doing the valve ck at 12k. I'm assuming it will probably close to spec with no adjustment necessary as with most of my later model Hondas. Has anybody found their valves needing adjustment at 12k?
I check/adjust my valves every 24k after initial 12k check when the dealer told me all was in spec. At 24k miles I typically have several valves on the boundary or 0.01mm out of spec. So my checks were at 12k, 36k, 60k and next check is soon to be at 84k miles.Jurlie_imp said:I check/adjust my valves every 24k after initial 12k check when the dealer told me all was in spec. At 24k miles I typically have several valves on the boundary or 0.01mm out of spec. So my checks were at 12k, 36k, 60k and next check is soon to be at 84k miles.balkanhound_imp said:With 10k on my 2017 looks like I will be doing the valve ck at 12k. I'm assuming it will probably close to spec with no adjustment necessary as with most of my later model Hondas. Has anybody found their valves needing adjustment at 12k?

yep, that explains why peterbaron and others who don’t ever check them have no issues in the long runWhoops_imp said:I check/adjust my valves every 24k after initial 12k check when the dealer told me all was in spec. At 24k miles I typically have several valves on the boundary or 0.01mm out of spec. So my checks were at 12k, 36k, 60k and next check is soon to be at 84k miles.Jurlie_imp said:I check/adjust my valves every 24k after initial 12k check when the dealer told me all was in spec. At 24k miles I typically have several valves on the boundary or 0.01mm out of spec. So my checks were at 12k, 36k, 60k and next check is soon to be at 84k miles.balkanhound_imp said:With 10k on my 2017 looks like I will be doing the valve ck at 12k. I'm assuming it will probably close to spec with no adjustment necessary as with most of my later model Hondas. Has anybody found their valves needing adjustment at 12k?
I think the valve checks are pushing your valves out of spec.![]()
No, I was kidding.m in sc_imp said:.01mm (.0003") is literally 1/10th a sheet of paper. I mean i can get super picky about adjustments but really, thats nothing to be concerned about at all... assuming that comment was serious...which i hope it wasnt.![]()