Used set of Ikon rear shocks popped up on eBay.

It definitely does say Ikon on the shock stem, but they don't look anything like the Ikons I bought for my '14. Look more like the Honda oem I took off.
I can't locate where I've put my stock take-offs at the moment to compare, so I'm going on memory on the appearances,(geeze, if I can't remember where I put 'em, how can I remember what they look like??)
 
Thread starter
Ikon has a couple different style shocks, and then you can opt for different color springs, and different length spring cap covers (long silver part covering the spring up top).

For those that don't know- Ikon shocks are Koni shocks. Very reputable and well built.


Here are mine- notice the spring covers-


eef0880df4026eb9a0e93d45f1c6dcd9.jpg


f6f8597a23b8c8c6bd30610a74f4ccd8.jpg
 
PowerDubs_imp said:
Ikon has a couple different style shocks, and then you can opt for different color springs, and different length spring cap covers (long silver part covering the spring up top).

For those that don't know- Ikon shocks are Koni shocks. Very reputable and well built.


Here are mine- notice the spring covers-


eef0880df4026eb9a0e93d45f1c6dcd9.jpg


f6f8597a23b8c8c6bd30610a74f4ccd8.jpg
That's a sexy STD. Did you un-finish your rearsets or buy brushed ones from a red CB?
 
Thread starter
Bought them off Ebay used.

Some parts can be found cheap enough if you wait so just buy used, but others didn't pop up often enough..such as the silver valve cover- so I stripped and brushed it myself.
 
PowerDubs_imp said:
Ikon has a couple different style shocks, and then you can opt for different color springs, and different length spring cap covers (long silver part covering the spring up top).

For those that don't know- Ikon shocks are Koni shocks. Very reputable and well built.


Here are mine- notice the spring covers-


eef0880df4026eb9a0e93d45f1c6dcd9.jpg


f6f8597a23b8c8c6bd30610a74f4ccd8.jpg
Can they be rebuilt?
 
Power Dubs. I like the looks of the muffler. It appears to be shorter than OEM and Yoshimura (which I just installed on my '14 STD.) Where did you find the muffler? Is it loud?
 
White Dog_imp said:
Power Dubs. I like the looks of the muffler. It appears to be shorter than OEM and Yoshimura (which I just installed on my '14 STD.) Where did you find the muffler? Is it loud?
Staintune
 
Thread starter
Yup- it’s a Staintune. Not loud.

That’s an old pic, several changes since then- most easily visible are the Arrow headers which get rid of the ugly cat.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
PowerDubs_imp said:
Yup- it’s a Staintune. Not loud.

That’s an old pic, several changes since then- most easily visible are the Arrow headers which get rid of the ugly cat.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking forward to seeing updated shots of the bike once it's officially back on the road :thumbsup:
 
Back
Top