Unsold '17ex ... where!?!?

cb73_imp

New to the forum
Thread starter
Hey!
I'd like to buy an unsold 2017 CB1100 EX but I can't seem to find any. Are they all gone? If anyone has a lead on where I can find an unsold one I'd be very very happy.
Thanks,
Sam
 
Thread starter
Truth be told I haven't had a good experience with them in the past so I'd rather not funnel any business their way.
 
Certainly there must be other dealers you can reach out to. That’s where I’d start. I called dealers all around the country to locate a DLX (and meanwhile, it was 60 miles away the whole time). You don’t have to patronize your local dealer.
 
Good luck, cb73. I haven't seen a new one for sale in a couple of years. Even good used ones (less than 5K miles) are rare. And still around $10,000.

Now, if you want a new 2017 ST1300, DFW Honda has one for $7000 lower than MSRP ;)
 
When I was looking for my leftover '14, I called American Honda directly and they gave me the names of a few dealers that had them. Google "American Honda customer service". If there is a new one left somewhere, they will know.
 
Roper_imp said:
Good luck, cb73. I haven't seen a new one for sale in a couple of years. Even good used ones (less than 5K miles) are rare. And still around $10,000.

Now, if you want a new 2017 ST1300, DFW Honda has one for $7000 lower than MSRP ;)
Honda quit making the ST 1300 in 2012
 
Someone here mentioned an unsold '17ex in the Portland, OR area a few weeks ago. I looked at local websites just now and couldn't find it if there was.
 
Ferret, on the ST board they are saying the new ST's are police models that have come up for sale. They made those longer than 2012. May still be, IDK.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Roper_imp said:
Good luck, cb73. I haven't seen a new one for sale in a couple of years. Even good used ones (less than 5K miles) are rare. And still around $10,000.

Now, if you want a new 2017 ST1300, DFW Honda has one for $7000 lower than MSRP ;)
Honda quit making the ST 1300 in 2012
Honda quit making the ST 1300 in 2012
Actually they still made a police model until 2017. And you can still buy it new for less than $10k. I was shocked and thought about getting one until Jennifer explained I didn't need a third bike.
 
rickcb_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Roper_imp said:
Good luck, cb73. I haven't seen a new one for sale in a couple of years. Even good used ones (less than 5K miles) are rare. And still around $10,000.

Now, if you want a new 2017 ST1300, DFW Honda has one for $7000 lower than MSRP ;)
Honda quit making the ST 1300 in 2012
Honda quit making the ST 1300 in 2012
Actually they still made a police model until 2017. And you can still buy it new for less than $10k. I was shocked and thought about getting one until Jennifer explained I didn't need a third bike.
That is relatively easy to fix Rick: Need and get a fourth bike. :)
 
Wow thanks Rick and Mi Lord, did not know that. Havent seen them on Hondas website.
 
Police model ST1300s come in the color white, but, unlike the photo, they do not have any of the "Police bells & whistles" mounted. That is because each jurisdiction has their own requirements for fitting out a bike. Those are all after-market parts.

The seat is a solo seat. And the locking mechanism that holds it securely in the back doesn't have the correct hardware to just put a passenger pillion pad there. Not a big deal, but it takes some looking around to find the correct parts.

I had a non-police model ST1300 for a number of years. I loved it on the highway with a Russell day-long saddle.
 
Thread starter
LakeWylieJoe_imp said:
When I was looking for my leftover '14, I called American Honda directly and they gave me the names of a few dealers that had them. Google "American Honda customer service". If there is a new one left somewhere, they will know.
This seems like my next logical step. I've had for the past eight years a 1973 cb750 that I got from the original owner. It rides nice and all but it needs work so I'd like to get a new one so that I can continue to ride while I calmly get the work done.
 
cb73_imp said:
LakeWylieJoe_imp said:
When I was looking for my leftover '14, I called American Honda directly and they gave me the names of a few dealers that had them. Google "American Honda customer service". If there is a new one left somewhere, they will know.
This seems like my next logical step. I've had for the past eight years a 1973 cb750 that I got from the original owner. It rides nice and all but it needs work so I'd like to get a new one so that I can continue to ride while I calmly get the work done.
Good choice of word. I wonder what it looks like when uncalmly working on an ol' CB750. ;)
 
The ferret_imp said:
Roper_imp said:
Good luck, cb73. I haven't seen a new one for sale in a couple of years. Even good used ones (less than 5K miles) are rare. And still around $10,000.

Now, if you want a new 2017 ST1300, DFW Honda has one for $7000 lower than MSRP ;)
Honda quit making the ST 1300 in 2012
Honda quit making the ST 1300 in 2012 Yeah, this looks to be a police model. It's black and white, and has a solo seat. Looks like they have a 2016, also.
Here's a link with some good photos:
ST1300 at DFW Honda
 
I had a stock run done by Honda Powersports of America, and their list is incorrect. I believe I recently purchased the last new 17 EX in the us based on their list. I tried each dealer they listed and only one had one.
 
Back
Top