Under Seat Document Bag - Is This It ??

markT_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Hi Guys,
Owners Manual says there is an under seat document bag to hold the owners manual.
I didn't get one - and I imagined it would be coloured plastic with possibly a Honda logo impressed onto it.
It somehow has to clip under four prongs on the seat base.

Anyhow dealer sent me out part code 77251-GR1-000 described as "bag, service book"
. . . and it is literally a clear plastic bag inside a Honda parts bag.



the bag it came in looks more like a Honda part than the actual bag inside !!

Can anyone put up a pic of what their document bag looks like - especially if it is a 2016 year model. This just seems like a lame part to me. You get these clear nylock bags free when you buy Kawasaki parts :huh::huh:

I found a web link to the part here - BAG,SERVICE BOOK for Honda - order at CMSNL
Thanks from Mark
This is what I got sent -
Looks about as strong /protective as a plastic bag - which is exactly what it is LOL
b848b11bc3cfd7248c5695d7087ccc41.jpg
 
My '14 only came with the standard tool bag and the owner's manual (French and English editions) in a plain sealable plastic bag.
 
I just used a Ziploc sandwich baggie in order to keep the manual and registration and insurance certificates dry. It worked great because I, too, wanted the official bag until I learned it wasn't anything special.
 
I keep the manual with my service records in a binder, not on the bike. Agreed -- a zip-tie plastic bag for registration and insurance papers works well under the seat.

Mark, the US bikes come with a small blue plastic pouch for the (very) limited tool kit. I wonder if that's what they meant?
 
under ? in the saddle by underside of it (stocksaddle)...owner Manual : there is in principle only place with a simple Plastik bag
 
Rocky_imp said:
My '14 only came with the standard tool bag and the owner's manual (French and English editions) in a plain sealable plastic bag.
My Owner's Manual kept falling out every time I removed the seat. So now the English edition is in my tail bag, and the French edition in the drawer of my computer desk.

After 27 years of riding, most things are just common knowledge. But at my age after a long winter I never remember how to set the clock or get the gas mileage count down to work.

The maintenance schedule was scanned and stapled to the garage wall. Where I also keep a chart of ride mileage and MPG. The MPG is just another way of knowing that maintenance is required.
 
Nortoon_imp said:
Rocky_imp said:
My '14 only came with the standard tool bag and the owner's manual (French and English editions) in a plain sealable plastic bag.
My Owner's Manual kept falling out every time I removed the seat. So now the English edition is in my tail bag, and the French edition in the drawer of my computer desk.

After 27 years of riding, most things are just common knowledge. But at my age after a long winter I never remember how to set the clock or get the gas mileage count down to work.

The maintenance schedule was scanned and stapled to the garage wall. Where I also keep a chart of ride mileage and MPG. The MPG is just another way of knowing that maintenance is required.
My Owner's Manual kept falling out every time I removed the seat. So now the English edition is in my tail bag, and the French edition in the drawer of my computer desk.

After 27 years of riding, most things are just common knowledge. But at my age after a long winter I never remember how to set the clock or get the gas mileage count down to work.

The maintenance schedule was scanned and stapled to the garage wall. Where I also keep a chart of ride mileage and MPG. The MPG is just another way of knowing that maintenance is required.
I admit to putting up data where I can see it too. You can't remember everything so no harm in that. I did that for all my bikes to keep track of tires and battery ages, mileage for oil changes, etc.
I'll make a bet that many others do it too.
ferret provided a list of wrench sizes for the various fittings and I printed that and have it up too along with their torque settings.
 
Rocky_imp said:
My '14 only came with the standard tool bag and the owner's manual (French and English editions) in a plain sealable plastic bag.
I used to own a torque wrench. But sold it at during one of our garage sales, as I no longer rode British motorcycles. My right arm is my torque wrench now: snug and a quarter turn more.
 
You got the right one. Its really pretty much just a sandwich bag :)
 
Of equal importance for the performance of the motorcycle is the plastic pouch in which they put the tool-kit: it is invariably ripped by a combination of frequent use and all the metallic additions I consider missing and stuff into it. Thus I replace those immediately with a bespoke, old-style, roll-out canvas tool-bag, and keep the dinky little plastic pouch as a kind of souvenir of my motorcycles past.

This is pretty well the only "mod" I'm inclined to to on my bikes. (not counting installing rear carries, (rant) as, unlike in the days of my youth, the motorcycles are rarely sold with those as standard equipment. (/rant over :)
 
I have a 7 megabyte CB1100A manual found on line, the month before I bought my CB...to get familiar with it beforehand.
The paper manual is at my work bench.
Also have a "cheat sheet" of basics:

Spark plug 14 mm NGK LMAR8A-9S (stock 6817)
Air filter 17210-MEJ-981 (HFA1932)
Oil filter + wrench Honda 15410-MCE-H51
Oil filter Honda 15410-MFJ-D01
Crush washer 14 mm 94109-14000
Battery YTZ14S (O'Reilly DTZ14-S $103.99)
Regulator 31600-MGZ-J01
Stator 31120-MGC-014
Pulse generator 30300-MGC-003
Diode (fuse block) 31730-MAS-601
Relays (fuse block) 38501-MEL-003
10 amp fuses stop/horn
10 amp fuses meter illumination
10 amp fuses headlight
10 amp fuses start
10 amp fuses turn/clock

The area under the seat now contains:
Compact foot pump (over battery)
Can of SealNAir (over battery)
Plug kit (over battery)
Tool pouch (rear of fuses/cross bar)
1/4 ratchet, 3" & 6" extensions
1/4" drive 3, 4, 5, 6 & 8 mm Allen bits
1/4" drive 8, 10, 12, 14 mm hex sockets
1/4" drive #2 & #3 Phillips
Open end wrenches from my last Yamaha, including 10, 12, 14 & 17.
Larger combo wrench from my last Yamaha (19 x 22mm?)

The space for the U lock has a 24" flat bungee.

Nice to have that much space!
 
The area under the seat now contains:
Compact foot pump (over battery)
Can of SealNAir (over battery)
Plug kit (over battery)
Tool pouch (rear of fuses/cross bar)
1/4 ratchet, 3" & 6" extensions
1/4" drive 3, 4, 5, 6 & 8 mm Allen bits
1/4" drive 8, 10, 12, 14 mm hex sockets
1/4" drive #2 & #3 Phillips
Open end wrenches from my last Yamaha, including 10, 12, 14 & 17.
Larger combo wrench from my last Yamaha (19 x 22mm?)

Geezalou Doc, it's a Honda. Chances are you are never going to need any of that. You've been riding Sportsters too long :rofl:
 
The ferret_imp said:
The area under the seat now contains:
Compact foot pump (over battery)
Can of SealNAir (over battery)
Plug kit (over battery)
Tool pouch (rear of fuses/cross bar)
1/4 ratchet, 3" & 6" extensions
1/4" drive 3, 4, 5, 6 & 8 mm Allen bits
1/4" drive 8, 10, 12, 14 mm hex sockets
1/4" drive #2 & #3 Phillips
Open end wrenches from my last Yamaha, including 10, 12, 14 & 17.
Larger combo wrench from my last Yamaha (19 x 22mm?)

Geezalou Doc, it's a Honda. Chances are you are never going to need any of that. You've been riding Sportsters too long :rofl:
Only for snugging mirrors after bumped.
Otherwise, mostly for helping others.
The 1/4 ratchet, both extensions and one of the Allen bits took care of issues on a friend's bike, last December. His breather hose was not seated, after a battery changed, just before a ride to the old Kelso Train Depot.
If I wanted to be better prepared to help H-D riders, I'd keep my Torx bits, also.

Since I ride mostly solo, in a lot of areas without cell service (even with Verizon), I try to be reasonably self-reliant.
 
SportsterDoc_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
The area under the seat now contains:
Compact foot pump (over battery)
Can of SealNAir (over battery)
Plug kit (over battery)
Tool pouch (rear of fuses/cross bar)
1/4 ratchet, 3" & 6" extensions
1/4" drive 3, 4, 5, 6 & 8 mm Allen bits
1/4" drive 8, 10, 12, 14 mm hex sockets
1/4" drive #2 & #3 Phillips
Open end wrenches from my last Yamaha, including 10, 12, 14 & 17.
Larger combo wrench from my last Yamaha (19 x 22mm?)

Geezalou Doc, it's a Honda. Chances are you are never going to need any of that. You've been riding Sportsters too long :rofl:
Only for snugging mirrors after bumped.
Otherwise, mostly for helping others.
The 1/4 ratchet, both extensions and one of the Allen bits took care of issues on a friend's bike, last December. His breather hose was not seated, after a battery changed, just before a ride to the old Kelso Train Depot.
If I wanted to be better prepared to help H-D riders, I'd keep my Torx bits, also.

Since I ride mostly solo, in a lot of areas without cell service (even with Verizon), I try to be reasonably self-reliant.
I bought two 6 inch adjustable wrenches for the mirrors and a metric set of Allen keys for the mirror extenders on my CB500X. They are all under the seat of my CB1100 EX now.
 
Back
Top