Under Mount Mirrors?

B166er_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
I road my buddies 2012 Sportster "48". Very cool bobber style. It has under mount mirrors and I thought that would be a nice alternative to a bar end mirror.

I don't suppose anyone has done this on a CB but is anyone aware of a universal mount I could use to mount my existing mirrors?
 
It would be great to see mirrors under mounted on a bike. I'd be curious to see if the mounts would introduce vibration. I nominate B166er to test these out.
 
CB4ME_imp said:
It would be great to see mirrors under mounted on a bike. I'd be curious to see if the mounts would introduce vibration. I nominate B166er to test these out.

I second the nomination :hello:
 
Thread starter
Looks like these "napoleon" mirrors are a type of end mirror that can be under or over. Interesting.

cdfadcd206402346e90c133a2a1dbcd5.jpg


More like this... for the record, I hate what they did with that bar. Looks much better on the factory bar. I think it would be interesting on a cafe style setup
 
Napolean has several that can be mounted either way. Obviously, most bar-end varieties can be done that way, too. However, my experience is that - depending on the height of your bars - they usually give you little more than a great view of your arm pits... :-/
 
Thread starter
The harley had them about the same place a normal mirror would have been mounted. Just under. I found the visibility to be great. Just took some getting used to tilting my head down, instead of over, to look behind. Really cleans up the bar too.
 
Back
Top