Undecider's new FZ 09

the_undecider_imp

Been there
Thread starter
I went and did it finally! Traded in the CB on this new Transformer lookin' thing. I'm youngish, so the design aesthetic appeals to me. Hoping to keep the mods to a relative minimum. Bought the Yamaha GYTR quick shifter kit and ordered a windscreen. I also want to get rid of the awful looking turn signals. I don't plan on throwing a ton of money at it, at least I hope.

If anybody in Central Texas is looking for a clean used CB1100, I know where they can find one...full disclosure, I work at the dealer where I traded it in and I will get paid a commission when we sell the bike, haha.

Haven't ridden this one other than around the building, so will report back more on my riding impressions. I've ridden these, the FJ09 and XSR900, so it won't be a revelation to me, but some of y'all might like a fresh perspective of how this bike rides and performs.

 
Hmm, that building/parking lot looks just like the one they have at Central Texas Powersports!

Congrats on the new bike. Try to keep the front wheel on the ground 'till you get used to it!
 
the_undecider_imp said:
I went and did it finally! Traded in the CB on this new Transformer lookin' thing. I'm youngish, so the design aesthetic appeals to me. Hoping to keep the mods to a relative minimum. Bought the Yamaha GYTR quick shifter kit and ordered a windscreen. I also want to get rid of the awful looking turn signals. I don't plan on throwing a ton of money at it, at least I hope.

If anybody in Central Texas is looking for a clean used CB1100, I know where they can find one...full disclosure, I work at the dealer where I traded it in and I will get paid a commission when we sell the bike, haha.

Haven't ridden this one other than around the building, so will report back more on my riding impressions. I've ridden these, the FJ09 and XSR900, so it won't be a revelation to me, but some of y'all might like a fresh perspective of how this bike rides and performs.
Transformer is an adaquate description. Or insect party.
I would leave the turn signals where they are. New ones will not change anything with that what is called aesthetic. Or is it the absence of it?

Wisedrum
 
Thread starter
CBRider_imp said:
Hmm, that building/parking lot looks just like the one they have at Central Texas Powersports!

Congrats on the new bike. Try to keep the front wheel on the ground 'till you get used to it!
Good eye
 
Good on you undecider. Look forward to reports on how you like it.
 
you know, i'm starting to think the FZ/MT 03/07/09 bikes are the top selling bike series on earth. not a day goes buy that i don't see a post about somebody bringing one home. my local japanese dealer said he can't keep them in stock. we're all witnessing the birth of a new classic. i wonder if in 40 years people are going to be showing off their vintage all-original FZ09 and talking about how iconic they were in their hayday.
 
Really nice bike, congrats. I rode one recently, what a peach of a motor. And I think it's sharp, particularly in that color way. Good on ya, man.
 
They're great bikes. I just sold my FJ-09 before picking up my CB. I liked the bike, I just didn't LOVE the bike. Let us know what you think.
 
My son has an FJ-09. He likes it well enough, but wishes Yamaha had come out with the FZ-10 four months earlier, because then he would have one of those instead.
 
I road an FZ-09 a couple of times when my CBs were in for service. The motor is a hoot and sounds great. Impossible to use 6th gear without risking a ticket though.

Very light feeling and good handling.

It requires Premium gasoline because of its high compression ratio. But if you can afford the bike, you can afford the gas.
 
Nortoon_imp said:
I road an FZ-09 a couple of times when my CBs were in for service. The motor is a hoot and sounds great. Impossible to use 6th gear without risking a ticket though.

Very light feeling and good handling.

It requires Premium gasoline because of its high compression ratio. But if you can afford the bike, you can afford the gas.
Hey Nortoon - did you hear the news that the Tracer 900 GT is coming to Canada? Supposed to be at dealers by mid August.
 
We have them here already. Color matched saddlebag lids, one hand adjustable windshield. Not sure what else. Those are the things I noticed right off. Looks like a nice bike. Basically my sons FJ-09 with the factory bags updated.

e494f6723185f3d0157baa1be1b5ebe4.jpg
 
Banned_imp said:
Nortoon_imp said:
I road an FZ-09 a couple of times when my CBs were in for service. The motor is a hoot and sounds great. Impossible to use 6th gear without risking a ticket though.

Very light feeling and good handling.

It requires Premium gasoline because of its high compression ratio. But if you can afford the bike, you can afford the gas.
Hey Nortoon - did you hear the news that the Tracer 900 GT is coming to Canada? Supposed to be at dealers by mid August.
Hey Nortoon - did you hear the news that the Tracer 900 GT is coming to Canada? Supposed to be at dealers by mid August.
For C$14600+ tax and PDI is your$ ;)
 
The bike is a hoot to ride, Likes to lift the front wheel. Very nimble. Not recommended for a beginner. Black Manta headlight grows on you.
 
Thread starter
I am dying not being able to ride it. There have been off and on showers. I installed the Yamaha quick shifter kit the night I brought it home and took it for a short test ride. This allows clutchless upshifting, full throttle if you like. With the bike being so new, I haven't gone full stick on it yet, but I did enjoy trying out the quick shifter function. My Puig windscreen that I ordered Thursday arrive next day and managed to install that, but no test ride to see how it works. If it is not raining in the morning, I will get it out for some action and try to take some decent photos while I am out.
 
Back
Top