Two years, same day, very different

the Ferret

Road warrior
Thread starter
Jan 6th, my 6th day of riding this year ... yet another beautiful day for January... sun shining, blue skies with white clouds and 51 degrees for today's 66 mile ride on the CB

442442d98d30aefd2cbf56e633e5716b.jpg


What a difference a year makes..............

If you remember this was the conditions for my 25 mile ride on Jan 6, 2018

070f95f74d468c0b5f9e4f711405ecdf.jpg


Much more comfortable riding today ;)
 
That's awesome. I took the RT on a 90 mile ride yesterday in high-40's temps, which is warm for this time of the year. Isn't global warming great?!
 
That pic from last year was dismal Lol. But I bet you enjoyed the ride! It's always about the ride and nothing else .

Love my black hooligan but those red CB's are sharp . Remind me which windscreen that is ? Looks really good and keeps the bike close to that naked look that it needs to retain

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
Bigsky, the shield is a National Cycle Street Shield EX I cut about 7" (iirc) off the top of. Protects the body but the head is in clean air.

Yep, it's always about the ride.
 
Ahh.. that is why it looks so cool . You modified it . Nice .. really like it .. fits the bike really well .. same reason I like the small dart screens , although yours is probably much better at moving air than mine .




Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk
 
I remember how cold it was this time last year. Glad you're getting your 2019 off to a good start.
 
I did forget how cold it was this time last year. I was at a robotics competition with my grandson that morning:

751ee5a042cb8740614fd1fc5be99e3b.jpg


Yes, the warm temps have been awesome! I'm off to a good start for the year.

1-1-2019 94 miles

f7334f6dd50c7d216860dd42e1db6c04.jpg


1-5-2019 177 miles

54a1af28a31f61e3471ec4008899709f.jpg


Took my first ferry trip across the Ohio River with 3 other riders....much smoother than I thought it would be at Cave in the Rock, IL.

30fe823f40901c180801ccab193278f7.jpg


d72029a2091a4c492dbc6bfb0d737cbc.jpg


8da8d9336102c384d849de4940562a8e.jpg


1-6-2019 208 miles

06f528b1acd56d1d4925cf3f5d4c0fe7.jpg


Rood to the Overlook Restaurant where I met Ferret one time.

Road with/against the following 167 hp machine. Yeah he ate my lunch ;-(

5c360e67b99cf734b8e644882b65892f.jpg
 
Thread starter
Awesome offroad, you are racking them up. When we were in Arkansas I'll bet you could have never imagined being able to ride this much.

Did you get a heated jacket liner?
 
When the sign says -2°, does that mean 34°F below 32°F (freezing point) which is -18°C? Or is it actually 2° below freezing or 30°F?
 
Cormanus_imp said:
When the sign says -2°, does that mean 34°F below 32°F (freezing point) which is -18°C? Or is it actually 2° below freezing or 30°F?
I reckon being non-commonwealth, um, that be -2F's. So about -19C, ya.

It was long'n'cold last year.
 
Thread starter
peterbaron_imp said:
What a lucky & happy man you are :thumbsup:
14F, freezing rain and ice pellets here

Uggggggg ( it could just as easily..in fact more likely, to be like that here). But yea, happy it's not. :thumbsup:
 
peterbaron_imp said:
What a lucky & happy man you are :thumbsup:
14F, freezing rain and ice pellets here
I understand the physics behind it, but I'm always amazed when it's below freezing and the precipitation is not snow.

Plus I'm a little bummed out because I like snow ;-)
 
Back
Top