Two Years In

Gone in 60

Road warrior
Thread starter
Yesterday I returned home from our company's annual drag race in Commerce, Georgia, and rode my CB to the office this morning. On the ride, it dawned on me that this is the second anniversary of my purchasing 2013 #80 from the original owner.

I first answered the Craig's List ad and saw the CB on the day before I took off for this race in 2019, and spent my spare time at the track dreaming about the bike and emailing back and forth with the owner to finalize the details. It's also when I first registered for the forum.

The day I got home, I excitedly went to the bank to get the cash, picked up the bike, and brought it home. I still get excited to ride it, even if it's just to get to work. Seems like I've owned the bike forever. Maybe because 2020 seemed like a lifetime. Or, maybe it's just becuse the guys on this forum are so fun to chat with that it seems like we've known each other forever.
 
awesome memories, makes me think of when i laid the cash down for my 599 in december of 2006 i still remember the exact cash amount of 6826.50 down too the cent and the smell of the engine paint getting hot the first time crazy too think that was 14 years ago

what company and what race im a huge drag racing fan ??
 
Thread starter
My most interesting memory of the transaction purchasing the bike was that, when I showed up with the money, I could tell that after a week of mulling it over since we had made the deal while I was travelling, he had some second thoughts about selling. I went for a brief test ride just to make sure that the bike was up to snuff. When I returned, he said that I hadn't ridden it long enough... he insisted that I take it out for a longer ride, and to get it up to speed on the freeway, since I might not like riding it at highway speeds. I went for a second test ride, and insisted that I still wanted to buy it. He said that if I had any reservations by the time I took the somewhat long ride to get it home, that he'd take it back and refund my money, no questions asked. I told him that I was sure that I'd be happy with it.

My wife had driven us to the owner's house, so that I could ride the bike home, and she'd follow me just to make sure that I got it home OK. It was dark by the time we signed the paperwork and got on the road, and on the way home, I noticed that one of my wife's tail lights was out.

CJ, our company operates two sportsman-level organizations, the NMRA Ford Nationals, which is an all-Ford racing series, and the NMCA Muscle Car Nationals, an all-domestic brand series. At this event, we run both series together, with specialty classes for Ford, GM and Mopar cars. Sadly, this was our last race at Atlanta Dragway in Commerce, as the track is shutting down soon to be converted to either residential or commercial use to support a new factory being built nearby.
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
Yesterday I returned home from our company's annual drag race in Commerce, Georgia, and rode my CB to the office this morning. On the ride, it dawned on me that this is the second anniversary of my purchasing 2013 #80 from the original owner.

I first answered the Craig's List ad and saw the CB on the day before I took off for this race in 2019, and spent my spare time at the track dreaming about the bike and emailing back and forth with the owner to finalize the details. It's also when I first registered for the forum.

The day I got home, I excitedly went to the bank to get the cash, picked up the bike, and brought it home. I still get excited to ride it, even if it's just to get to work. Seems like I've owned the bike forever. Maybe because 2020 seemed like a lifetime. Or, maybe it's just becuse the guys on this forum are so fun to chat with that it seems like we've known each other forever.
Happy Anniversary Gone :thumbsup:
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
My most interesting memory of the transaction purchasing the bike was that, when I showed up with the money, I could tell that after a week of mulling it over since we had made the deal while I was travelling, he had some second thoughts about selling. I went for a brief test ride just to make sure that the bike was up to snuff. When I returned, he said that I hadn't ridden it long enough... he insisted that I take it out for a longer ride, and to get it up to speed on the freeway, since I might not like riding it at highway speeds. I went for a second test ride, and insisted that I still wanted to buy it. He said that if I had any reservations by the time I took the somewhat long ride to get it home, that he'd take it back and refund my money, no questions asked. I told him that I was sure that I'd be happy with it.

My wife had driven us to the owner's house, so that I could ride the bike home, and she'd follow me just to make sure that I got it home OK. It was dark by the time we signed the paperwork and got on the road, and on the way home, I noticed that one of my wife's tail lights was out.

CJ, our company operates two sportsman-level organizations, the NMRA Ford Nationals, which is an all-Ford racing series, and the NMCA Muscle Car Nationals, an all-domestic brand series. At this event, we run both series together, with specialty classes for Ford, GM and Mopar cars. Sadly, this was our last race at Atlanta Dragway in Commerce, as the track is shutting down soon to be converted to either residential or commercial use to support a new factory being built nearby.
Your last paragraph sounds like what happened here - and probably many other places.
We had a half mile paved stock car track and drag strip facility that was eventually bought out by a developer and is now a residential area.
Funny cars and jet dragsters often came up from the US and put on a great show.
Those were the good old days.
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
My most interesting memory of the transaction purchasing the bike was that, when I showed up with the money, I could tell that after a week of mulling it over since we had made the deal while I was travelling, he had some second thoughts about selling. I went for a brief test ride just to make sure that the bike was up to snuff. When I returned, he said that I hadn't ridden it long enough... he insisted that I take it out for a longer ride, and to get it up to speed on the freeway, since I might not like riding it at highway speeds. I went for a second test ride, and insisted that I still wanted to buy it. He said that if I had any reservations by the time I took the somewhat long ride to get it home, that he'd take it back and refund my money, no questions asked. I told him that I was sure that I'd be happy with it.

My wife had driven us to the owner's house, so that I could ride the bike home, and she'd follow me just to make sure that I got it home OK. It was dark by the time we signed the paperwork and got on the road, and on the way home, I noticed that one of my wife's tail lights was out.

CJ, our company operates two sportsman-level organizations, the NMRA Ford Nationals, which is an all-Ford racing series, and the NMCA Muscle Car Nationals, an all-domestic brand series. At this event, we run both series together, with specialty classes for Ford, GM and Mopar cars. Sadly, this was our last race at Atlanta Dragway in Commerce, as the track is shutting down soon to be converted to either residential or commercial use to support a new factory being built nearby.
thats horrible their shutting down i know the track here does several gm ford chrysler events its thunder valley raceway in noble oklahoma

here i am in 1992 i believe @ thunder valley raceway park

a5794b4d81f0a1049c91529c071b33d7.jpg
 
Happy anniversary, Gone in 60.
 
cj599_imp said:
Gone in 60_imp said:
My most interesting memory of the transaction purchasing the bike was that, when I showed up with the money, I could tell that after a week of mulling it over since we had made the deal while I was travelling, he had some second thoughts about selling. I went for a brief test ride just to make sure that the bike was up to snuff. When I returned, he said that I hadn't ridden it long enough... he insisted that I take it out for a longer ride, and to get it up to speed on the freeway, since I might not like riding it at highway speeds. I went for a second test ride, and insisted that I still wanted to buy it. He said that if I had any reservations by the time I took the somewhat long ride to get it home, that he'd take it back and refund my money, no questions asked. I told him that I was sure that I'd be happy with it.

My wife had driven us to the owner's house, so that I could ride the bike home, and she'd follow me just to make sure that I got it home OK. It was dark by the time we signed the paperwork and got on the road, and on the way home, I noticed that one of my wife's tail lights was out.

CJ, our company operates two sportsman-level organizations, the NMRA Ford Nationals, which is an all-Ford racing series, and the NMCA Muscle Car Nationals, an all-domestic brand series. At this event, we run both series together, with specialty classes for Ford, GM and Mopar cars. Sadly, this was our last race at Atlanta Dragway in Commerce, as the track is shutting down soon to be converted to either residential or commercial use to support a new factory being built nearby.
thats horrible their shutting down i know the track here does several gm ford chrysler events its thunder valley raceway in noble oklahoma

here i am in 1992 i believe @ thunder valley raceway park

a5794b4d81f0a1049c91529c071b33d7.jpg
Are you the little kid?

Holy cow, I was 42 years old when that pic was taken :rolleyes:

Rocky was like 55 :rofl:

Yet we all ride CB1100's. Crazy :D
 
The ferret_imp said:
cj599_imp said:
Gone in 60_imp said:
My most interesting memory of the transaction purchasing the bike was that, when I showed up with the money, I could tell that after a week of mulling it over since we had made the deal while I was travelling, he had some second thoughts about selling. I went for a brief test ride just to make sure that the bike was up to snuff. When I returned, he said that I hadn't ridden it long enough... he insisted that I take it out for a longer ride, and to get it up to speed on the freeway, since I might not like riding it at highway speeds. I went for a second test ride, and insisted that I still wanted to buy it. He said that if I had any reservations by the time I took the somewhat long ride to get it home, that he'd take it back and refund my money, no questions asked. I told him that I was sure that I'd be happy with it.

My wife had driven us to the owner's house, so that I could ride the bike home, and she'd follow me just to make sure that I got it home OK. It was dark by the time we signed the paperwork and got on the road, and on the way home, I noticed that one of my wife's tail lights was out.

CJ, our company operates two sportsman-level organizations, the NMRA Ford Nationals, which is an all-Ford racing series, and the NMCA Muscle Car Nationals, an all-domestic brand series. At this event, we run both series together, with specialty classes for Ford, GM and Mopar cars. Sadly, this was our last race at Atlanta Dragway in Commerce, as the track is shutting down soon to be converted to either residential or commercial use to support a new factory being built nearby.
thats horrible their shutting down i know the track here does several gm ford chrysler events its thunder valley raceway in noble oklahoma

here i am in 1992 i believe @ thunder valley raceway park

a5794b4d81f0a1049c91529c071b33d7.jpg
Are you the little kid?

Holy cow, I was 42 years old when that pic was taken :rolleyes:

Rocky was like 55 :rofl:

Yet we all ride CB1100's. Crazy :D
Are you the little kid?

Holy cow, I was 42 years old when that pic was taken :rolleyes:

Rocky was like 55 :rofl:

Yet we all ride CB1100's. Crazy :D
Crazy but lotsa fun :excited:
 
yup i was born in 1988
The ferret_imp said:
cj599_imp said:
Gone in 60_imp said:
My most interesting memory of the transaction purchasing the bike was that, when I showed up with the money, I could tell that after a week of mulling it over since we had made the deal while I was travelling, he had some second thoughts about selling. I went for a brief test ride just to make sure that the bike was up to snuff. When I returned, he said that I hadn't ridden it long enough... he insisted that I take it out for a longer ride, and to get it up to speed on the freeway, since I might not like riding it at highway speeds. I went for a second test ride, and insisted that I still wanted to buy it. He said that if I had any reservations by the time I took the somewhat long ride to get it home, that he'd take it back and refund my money, no questions asked. I told him that I was sure that I'd be happy with it.

My wife had driven us to the owner's house, so that I could ride the bike home, and she'd follow me just to make sure that I got it home OK. It was dark by the time we signed the paperwork and got on the road, and on the way home, I noticed that one of my wife's tail lights was out.

CJ, our company operates two sportsman-level organizations, the NMRA Ford Nationals, which is an all-Ford racing series, and the NMCA Muscle Car Nationals, an all-domestic brand series. At this event, we run both series together, with specialty classes for Ford, GM and Mopar cars. Sadly, this was our last race at Atlanta Dragway in Commerce, as the track is shutting down soon to be converted to either residential or commercial use to support a new factory being built nearby.
thats horrible their shutting down i know the track here does several gm ford chrysler events its thunder valley raceway in noble oklahoma

here i am in 1992 i believe @ thunder valley raceway park

a5794b4d81f0a1049c91529c071b33d7.jpg
Are you the little kid?

Holy cow, I was 42 years old when that pic was taken :rolleyes:

Rocky was like 55 :rofl:

Yet we all ride CB1100's. Crazy :D
Are you the little kid?

Holy cow, I was 42 years old when that pic was taken :rolleyes:

Rocky was like 55 :rofl:

Yet we all ride CB1100's. Crazy :D some of us are old souls in fresh bodies :rofl:

yes thats me on the left
 
Thread starter
Thanks for the anniversary props!

1992... That's about the time my first wife was telling me that no, she wouldn't let me have a motorcycle. So... yeah.

Hey, CJ, I know that car. We have it in the permanent collection at the Petersen Museum. Notice the windshield wiper and marker lights. That's a road-legal Batmobile that was built to be shown around the country to promote the Michael Keaton-era Batman movies of the early '90s.
 
from what ive researched and been looking for years it was used in the second movie with the penguin remote controlling it and it went down the road knocking cars too the side id like to find this particular car i know it was one of 4 used in the second film
are you sure its the same car at the petersen ?
 
cj599_imp said:
yup i was born in 1988
The ferret_imp said:
cj599_imp said:
Gone in 60_imp said:
My most interesting memory of the transaction purchasing the bike was that, when I showed up with the money, I could tell that after a week of mulling it over since we had made the deal while I was travelling, he had some second thoughts about selling. I went for a brief test ride just to make sure that the bike was up to snuff. When I returned, he said that I hadn't ridden it long enough... he insisted that I take it out for a longer ride, and to get it up to speed on the freeway, since I might not like riding it at highway speeds. I went for a second test ride, and insisted that I still wanted to buy it. He said that if I had any reservations by the time I took the somewhat long ride to get it home, that he'd take it back and refund my money, no questions asked. I told him that I was sure that I'd be happy with it.

My wife had driven us to the owner's house, so that I could ride the bike home, and she'd follow me just to make sure that I got it home OK. It was dark by the time we signed the paperwork and got on the road, and on the way home, I noticed that one of my wife's tail lights was out.

CJ, our company operates two sportsman-level organizations, the NMRA Ford Nationals, which is an all-Ford racing series, and the NMCA Muscle Car Nationals, an all-domestic brand series. At this event, we run both series together, with specialty classes for Ford, GM and Mopar cars. Sadly, this was our last race at Atlanta Dragway in Commerce, as the track is shutting down soon to be converted to either residential or commercial use to support a new factory being built nearby.
thats horrible their shutting down i know the track here does several gm ford chrysler events its thunder valley raceway in noble oklahoma

here i am in 1992 i believe @ thunder valley raceway park

a5794b4d81f0a1049c91529c071b33d7.jpg
Are you the little kid?

Holy cow, I was 42 years old when that pic was taken :rolleyes:

Rocky was like 55 :rofl:

Yet we all ride CB1100's. Crazy :D
Are you the little kid?

Holy cow, I was 42 years old when that pic was taken :rolleyes:

Rocky was like 55 :rofl:

Yet we all ride CB1100's. Crazy :D some of us are old souls in fresh bodies :rofl:

yes thats me on the left
Are you the little kid?

Holy cow, I was 42 years old when that pic was taken :rolleyes:

Rocky was like 55 :rofl:

Yet we all ride CB1100's. Crazy :D some of us are old souls in fresh bodies :rofl:

yes thats me on the left
:rofl:
 
Back
Top