Houtman_imp
Road warrior
Nearly all the roads in WNC are great !
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
This is what I’m talkin about. Thanks so much man. :beerchug:The A-man_imp said:I'm located near Little Switzerland (between Marion and Morganton), and so I frequent the BRP, as well as the roads up and down the mountain to get there. Stichill is right on, 226A is a great twisty road. (nicknamed "The Diamondback"; shirts available!) Combine it with HWY 80, and you have a great up/down loop around Little Switzerland. 221 from Linville to Blowing Rock parallels the BRP, actually below and in front of Grandfather Mtn and the Linn Cove Aqueduct on the BRP, and has lots of twisties. All three of these roads are what I would describe as 35 +/- mph due to the challenging curves. For a little faster adventure going up/down the mountain, 181 from Morganton to Linville is a nice ride without too too much traffic. 321 from Lenoir to Blowing rock is more of a 4-lane, 55 mph climb with lots of curves. Bottom line is while I really like riding the BRP, the secondary roads here are a great option if you think the Parkway is bogged down with 30 mph sightseeing cars. Honestly though, I don't see traffic on the BRP to be a real problem until the high point of leaf-watching season in the Fall. Today was very pleasant, aside from a bit of construction slow-down.
Fantastic read! Finish it later, over coffeedbarkdoll_imp said:Unfortunately I am back already. I made a little RR here:
http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=14454
Thanks for the recommendations.


It’s really good peace of mind for sure. And I’m really happy with how the tail bag integrates with it, its a match made in heaven. Very secure and stabilized.GoldOxide_imp said:I really like the idea of that extra fuel container.
Thank you! They have a lot of perks. In no particular order:Frulk_imp said:I really like the look of those soft panniers.
Saddle up!Cormanus_imp said:Looking well set there, dbarkdoll. It’s exciting: another vicarious adventure to be had.![]()

Interesting...from your phone / computer or both? I've never had any difficulty with Imgur uploading to this site.dbarkdoll_imp said:So Imgur has just made it very difficult to copy photos to here so unless I find a different photo hosting site I probably won’t be posting many pics on here. And for the sake of simplicity of just having one RR on one forum I will probably just leave a link for my other one here and whoever is welcome to follow along there. I’ve always found posting photos and using this site on my phone to be very clunky as well, unfortunately. I’m not going anywhere just letting y’all know that I’ll very likely be posting more stuff on this thread:
Turd on the Run
It is fun to post cb1100 trips on advrider because the audience is different. For cb forum members, should we comment / ask questions at advrider or here?dbarkdoll_imp said:So Imgur has just made it very difficult to copy photos to here so unless I find a different photo hosting site I probably won’t be posting many pics on here. And for the sake of simplicity of just having one RR on one forum I will probably just leave a link for my other one here and whoever is welcome to follow along there. I’ve always found posting photos and using this site on my phone to be very clunky as well, unfortunately. I’m not going anywhere just letting y’all know that I’ll very likely be posting more stuff on this thread:
Turd on the Run