Thread starter
I managed a 200 km ride on Tuesday, north and west to a country town called Kilkivan. Nothing important happens there; it was somewhere to go and I was interested in the ride home via Widgee where I'd not been. It was a much more enjoyable bike trip through there to Gympie than the more northerly route I took to get there.
For Australian readers, or students of modern Australian politics, Kilkivan is on the way to Kingaroy, home the infamous Johannes Bjelke Petersen long-term Premier of Queensland.
As discussed in other threads, it is very, very dry out this way. We need rain. Even riding a clean bike with a camera hanging Ferret-like around my neck didn't do the trick.
There's a map here. I tried to get the outbound and inbound routes to display in different colours.
The mandatory photos follow:
For Australian readers, or students of modern Australian politics, Kilkivan is on the way to Kingaroy, home the infamous Johannes Bjelke Petersen long-term Premier of Queensland.
As discussed in other threads, it is very, very dry out this way. We need rain. Even riding a clean bike with a camera hanging Ferret-like around my neck didn't do the trick.
There's a map here. I tried to get the outbound and inbound routes to display in different colours.
The mandatory photos follow:
:biker: