TSR Air Funnel Kit

kDiqq_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
I know it's been discussed here before, but is anyone running the TSR air funnel kit? I keep staring at this dyno sheet showing nearly 20hp gain thinking I should get it, but I wanted to hear from those who have done it already. After running TSRs website through google translate, I found the PCV map they provide. After comparing with a few shown on this site, it appears several people have been running this map with only the air filter tunnel which leads me to believe this map may not be rich enough if it's working with a reduced throat diameter... Anywho, has anyone done this yet? I may have to guinea pig, but have no access to a free dyno... Here is the translated page for the curious.

http://translate.google.com/transla...p.com/item/IS00008N00490.html&prev=search

The part is available from Samurider and Webike.
 
Several are but I can tell you NO ONE gained 20 HP from using one. That would put them at between 104 and 108 HP. The strongest one we have with a whole bunch of mods is low 90s to mid 90s think ( from 84 to 88 base depending on dyno)

I put TSR intake in the search engine and found 5 threads. happy reading!

CB1100 Forum
 
Thread starter
Really?! I've searched high and low and can't find any examples of people running the air funnel kit. I can find people using the single intake funnel kit, but none that use the one that require cutting the airbox.
 
Oh I don't know if anyone cut their airbox. i don't recall reading that you had to do that.

CB4ME has one, so you might ask him.

This thread seems to be the most comprehensive. No one talks about cutting their air box though

Motogear Titanium Header and TSR Air Funnel
 
Thread starter
Yeah,

Check the link I posted. You will see those are velocity stacks. CB4ME has the air intake funnel. The naming on these things are horrible haha. But the one I'm talking about involves opening up the airbox to fit them.
 
Ahhh gotcha. Don't recall any members reporting doing that, but maybe someone did it and just didn't say, and will be able to help you.
 
Wow adding 20HP to this bike would be amazing and scary at the same time! You should give it a go and report how much you actually see.
 
Thread starter
Those holes in the airbox are bizarre... I've seen people drill small holes in throttle bodies on cammed cars to raise idle, but that hole shouldn't do anything except alter manifold pressure... And those two small holes shouldn't even do much... If I ever got these, I would seriously try to do this without making airbox holes... A little black RTV would take care of any rough cuts though :P
 
I only have the TSR Air Intake Funnel.

e8e90c1d0026a4d94c2cce0e6c8df68c.jpg


It basically replaces what I call the air box snorkel and simply holds the air filter in place. While this intake funnel helps, it doesn't eliminate the big intake bottleneck. Namely the 35mm diameter opening into each of the 4 throttle bodies are restricted by 25mm funnels. And that's where the air funnel kit comes in.

I can believe a 20hp gain with a combination of the air intake funnel, 4 air funnels, cat free (open headers) and hi flow exhaust.

Some have dyno'ed their bikes with all these components for the kit. It would be great if you took the lead.
 
I have done the air funnel kit to the throttle bodies, and air intake funnel, k&n filter, arrow header [no cat] power box two tail mufflers, pcv, and had nels set the pcv up on his dyno in Spokane WA and I mainly run VP fuel [c9] 94 oct. I got 98 hp and 71 ft-lbs of torque. Nels said the speed limiter got in the way, so I just sent my ecu to Don at Guhl motor to redo map and remove speed limiter. When Nel"s gets back to Spokane I will re dyno. To put the air funnels in the throttle bodies is a lot of work. Be you start read the shop manual!!
 
Thread starter
Thanks for the reply Rusty!! I'm not concerned about the install, but did you drill the two small holes on the backside of the airbox? You're tickling 100hp. I am betting a little head massaging would put you over.
 
The holes you will drill [10mm] are on the inside of the air box and increasing the throttle body holes with a dermal are easy. All of the removal of wiring, rear fender, ect. is easy, but time consuming.When get inside you will see why you need to drill the two 10mm holes. Have fun, I think it is worth the time, but I love my bikes and wrenching on them. I have been in the motorcycle industry all my live and enjoy it. My wife and best friend just rolls her eyes at me! The best part is the torque starts at 3000 and flat to 8000 so easy to ride it is a great bike. It is my 2nd favorite bike of all the bikes I had, my favorite is my 1979 cbx the sound and smoooooth motor.
 
Thread starter
Yeah a CBX is quite an amazing machine. I'd love to see one in person!

With the 10mm holes, I don't want to open the airbox to unfiltered air. What purpose do these holes serve?
 
kDiqq the 10mm holes are on the inside of the air box [double wall] all the air is filtered. When remove the factory funnels and putting on the trs funnels ones you block the factory holes, you are just relocating the holes.
 
Thread starter
Omg!!! So good to know!! I will order these soon then :) a little bonding time with my dremel will be no trouble!
 
Hey guys, I'm very interested in getting more power out of my CB. the ECU flash and PCV are already on the list of things to do but it sounds like you guys are doing some modifications that are really helping. Could you guys point me in the direction with the details of what your doing with your Dremel and what exactly you're altering on the bike? 100hp would be incredible.. what do I do and what do I buy lol
 
Back
Top