Triumph TR6 Trophy

Yes, one of the best color combos, Mist Green/ Alaskan White, with the aluminum fenders. IMHO the US tank is the more attractive option, although I prefer the UK lower bars. Just a beautiful 'scrambler.'
 
Of all the British bikes, I think Triumph had the best profile and looked like a "proper" bike.
I smile every time I look at my 1970 Tiger 100.
 
Of all the bikes ever built, I think the Triumphs of the late 60's had the best profile and looked like a "proper" bike. For me nothing tops the look of the old Triumphs. There is an organic quality to them that will never be matched.

(Thanks for letting me borrow some of your thoughts Rocky.)

The color combination on the bike at the beginning of this thread is my favorite of any offered by Triumph.
 
Capo_imp said:
Yes, one of the best color combos, Mist Green/ Alaskan White, with the aluminum fenders. IMHO the US tank is the more attractive option, although I prefer the UK lower bars. Just a beautiful 'scrambler.'
+1. And also why I'm not a customizer - never in a million years would I have thought, "Let's try this light mint green on a motorcycle and we'll contrast it with these other bits." But someone at Triumph did, and man, were they spot on.

I also like the looks of the BSAs of that era.
'l
 
Yes beautifully sculpted motorcycles, nothing extraneous.

I prefer the Bonneville with dual pipes, and the 67 Bonnie in Burgoine and white is my favorite.

The late 70's R100/7 BMWs are also stunning motorcycles. Rich and purposeful.
 
Beautiful Rocky! just beautiful
 
I hate when people use threads like this to gratuitously post unsolicited pictures of their own bikes....
b84f2cd2a912af31c004fa4443fb4f0b.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I alway admired the late 60's Triumphs, but I was more attracted to the late 60's BSA Lightning. I guess, like a large mouth bass, I was attracted to the shining chrome sides of the gas tank.
 
Thread starter
Capo_imp said:
Yes, one of the best color combos, Mist Green/ Alaskan White, with the aluminum fenders. IMHO the US tank is the more attractive option, although I prefer the UK lower bars. Just a beautiful 'scrambler.'
Yes you've got the colour tags spot on, and I adore it. It just seems to work so well :cool:
Nortoon_imp said:

Did you check out the Triumph RAT Forum?

[url=http://www.triumphrat.net/forum.php%5D]http://www.triumphrat.net/forum.php]
Keeping my eye out for a nice one :shy:
The ferret_imp said:
I think they did road and off road versions of the 650 TR6 Trophy, with the road version having twin low peashooters and the other with the high pipes, much as the modern classic scrambler, and as the one in my photo.

Nice bikes Rocky and Capo :cool:
 
This is a timely topic for me. Right this minute I'm relaxing reading a Christmas present-
The Complete Book of Classic and Modern Triumph Motorcycles 1937-Today.

Triumph was doing retro before retro became a hipster thing.
They really kept 'their look' through the years, like no other company has.
To a casual observer, if you look past the obvious, like the front drum brake, one would be hard pressed to tell if the bike was a 1970, a 1980, or a 2017 model. Just amazing, timeless style.
Lots of mid 70s Triumphs on eBay all the time. Yes, I know the perils of looking for a bike of that vintage in that place. As long as you can cut through all the crap and find a trustworthy seller with a bike that hasn't been mucked up through the years.
 
suhawk305_imp said:
I alway admired the late 60's Triumphs, but I was more attracted to the late 60's BSA Lightning. I guess, like a large mouth bass, I was attracted to the shining chrome sides of the gas tank.
I preferred the BSA Lightning as well. I bought a beautiful 1966 Lightning in 1967 for $700. Rode it for a couple of years, then converted it to a café racer with lots of fiberglass parts from Britain. Nothing could catch it until the 1972 Kawasaki H2 Mach IV showed up. I sold my BSA and bought the Mach IV. What a jet!

Six years later I bought a 1971 Lightning, again for $700. I took it completely apart except for the transmission and overhauled it. It ran like a Swiss watch. I sold it a couple of years later for $1000, and bought a 1982 Goldwing Aspencade so my wife and I could go touring.
 
In 1974 iirc I bought a 69 BSA Rocket 3 750 Triple. Rather boxy for a BSA, but it was fast for it's time and sounded great with it's dual ray gun mufflers, but try as I may I could not get it to stop leaking oil. A year later I sold it to my family doctor. He's still my doctor today. Now he rides a 1290 KTM adventure lol
 
Back when I was a kid my cousin had a Honda 450. I always thought it was the coolest thing in the world when it came to bikes. Personally I like it better than the Triumph. If Honda did a repro of this I would buy it in a NY minute.
 
I would buy the new Honda CB400 in a heartbeat if they brought it to the U.S. but they never will, what with our love affair with 1800cc bikes. Hondas decision to make our CB an 1100 and not a 750 speaks to our bigger is better mentality.
 
ClassicVW_imp said:
I would buy the new Honda CB400 in a heartbeat if they brought it to the U.S. but they never will, what with our love affair with 1800cc bikes. Hondas decision to make our CB an 1100 and not a 750 speaks to our bigger is better mentality.
Interestingly, Honda originally developed the CB1100 for the Japanese market where it was released back in 2010 (and in Australia as well). It wasn't even slated for the U.S. at the time.
 
Guth_imp said:
ClassicVW_imp said:
I would buy the new Honda CB400 in a heartbeat if they brought it to the U.S. but they never will, what with our love affair with 1800cc bikes. Hondas decision to make our CB an 1100 and not a 750 speaks to our bigger is better mentality.
Interestingly, Honda originally developed the CB1100 for the Japanese market where it was released back in 2010 (and in Australia as well). It wasn't even slated for the U.S. at the time.
Interestingly, Honda originally developed the CB1100 for the Japanese market where it was released back in 2010 (and in Australia as well). It wasn't even slated for the U.S. at the time.
Yeah. Very good point!
 
Back
Top