JustCruising_imp
Running like a top
Thread starter
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
+1. And also why I'm not a customizer - never in a million years would I have thought, "Let's try this light mint green on a motorcycle and we'll contrast it with these other bits." But someone at Triumph did, and man, were they spot on.Capo_imp said:Yes, one of the best color combos, Mist Green/ Alaskan White, with the aluminum fenders. IMHO the US tank is the more attractive option, although I prefer the UK lower bars. Just a beautiful 'scrambler.'
Yes you've got the colour tags spot on, and I adore it. It just seems to work so wellCapo_imp said:Yes, one of the best color combos, Mist Green/ Alaskan White, with the aluminum fenders. IMHO the US tank is the more attractive option, although I prefer the UK lower bars. Just a beautiful 'scrambler.'

Nortoon_imp said:
hy:I think they did road and off road versions of the 650 TR6 Trophy, with the road version having twin low peashooters and the other with the high pipes, much as the modern classic scrambler, and as the one in my photo.The ferret_imp said:Yes beautifully sculpted motorcycles, nothing extraneous.
I prefer the Bonneville with dual pipes, and the 67 Bonnie in Burgoine and white is my favorite.
The late 70's R100/7 BMWs are also stunning motorcycles. Rich and purposeful.

I preferred the BSA Lightning as well. I bought a beautiful 1966 Lightning in 1967 for $700. Rode it for a couple of years, then converted it to a café racer with lots of fiberglass parts from Britain. Nothing could catch it until the 1972 Kawasaki H2 Mach IV showed up. I sold my BSA and bought the Mach IV. What a jet!suhawk305_imp said:I alway admired the late 60's Triumphs, but I was more attracted to the late 60's BSA Lightning. I guess, like a large mouth bass, I was attracted to the shining chrome sides of the gas tank.
Interestingly, Honda originally developed the CB1100 for the Japanese market where it was released back in 2010 (and in Australia as well). It wasn't even slated for the U.S. at the time.ClassicVW_imp said:I would buy the new Honda CB400 in a heartbeat if they brought it to the U.S. but they never will, what with our love affair with 1800cc bikes. Hondas decision to make our CB an 1100 and not a 750 speaks to our bigger is better mentality.
Interestingly, Honda originally developed the CB1100 for the Japanese market where it was released back in 2010 (and in Australia as well). It wasn't even slated for the U.S. at the time.Guth_imp said:Interestingly, Honda originally developed the CB1100 for the Japanese market where it was released back in 2010 (and in Australia as well). It wasn't even slated for the U.S. at the time.ClassicVW_imp said:I would buy the new Honda CB400 in a heartbeat if they brought it to the U.S. but they never will, what with our love affair with 1800cc bikes. Hondas decision to make our CB an 1100 and not a 750 speaks to our bigger is better mentality.