Triumph Thruxton R Review

Wow, never heard of that problem with the Griso (I still have the Tenni Green one). Guess I better not ride an R then......
 
Thread starter
It's a different bike, really. Griso felt more like a muscle cruiser, ThruxR is a sport bike of sorts. Arbitrary categorization notwithstanding, they would compliment each other in a diversified stable.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Fantastic report, Capo. Many thanks. Oh, and congratulations on making an addition to the stable that you'll enjoy so much.
 
I finally laid eyes on a Thrux-R yesterday. It is beautiful! I haven't been as smitten since laying eyes on a CB1100 for the first time. The want level is very high with this one. It may not be up there at sell all my bikes, because that is what I'd have to do to afford one, but it's not far off. The bike I saw was already sold, so no sitting. That might have been too much. Just as well, because I'd have a tough time explaining to my boss that I bought a bike from our competition down the road. Forbidden fruit is hardest to ignore...
 
Thread starter
I'd advise you don't ride it, then. You'll be kicked out of Eden before you know it!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Everyday at my parking area at work, I am usually the first one in. Over the course of the day, a collection of bikes gathers together because parking there is bikes only. So last few weeks its been a Suzuki, a Harley, a really nice Yamaha, and suddenly, a Triumph T120. Dang. New neighbors it seems.
Fast forward a few weeks, and the weather is better, and I pull in next to the Triumph already there, and I see the side cover, "Thruxton R". My first reaction was, similar to those stated by many of you, my next thought was, did the T120 get traded in? Turns out that jealousy played a part, and the two are friends, and the new Thruxton was bought so they can go play out in the asphalt yard together.
So today I found myself bookended in by the both of them, and the want was strong.
 
Thread starter
Resurrecting this as I've finally had the front fairing mounted and wanted to show it off just a bit! I elected to pass on the lower clip ons that come with the kit, as I really didn't want the more severe riding position. Fortunately, there is no clearance issue. Also did a rear fender eliminator. Now, the signals stick out a bit, so I'll probably go for smaller ones. Overall, I'm ecstatic with the way it turned out, and eager to see how it affects the ride...got up to 50 degrees today, but just took a short local spin.

This bike really floats my boat.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Looking good Capo! Those lower clip-ons sure would look the part with that fairing, but I can understand the decision.
 
Super nice!
I wish you guys would quit posting this stuff... went to the dealer and was told they'd have an "R" model in April.
Don't worry; I plan on holding onto my CB1100.
 
Capo that is one very attractive motorcycle, you have excellent taste!! I rode the old Thruxton a few years back before buying the CB, just not enough power / performance in that model however the 'R' version has fixed that problem. Here in Australia the 'R' comes at very hefty price however it does have a collection of very high quality components that, I think, make the bike very good value. Please do keep us up to date on your opinions about the bike as you get to know it more and more ... tell us how it touches the soul. Happy riding.
 
Back
Top