Tev62
Road warrior
Thread starter
They have been a long time coming but worth the wait. The Speed 400 is the spit of the Honda 350 Highness don't you think?
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
It would appear based on the truth of the provided image that the red one has no horsepower.peterbaron_imp said:I think I like the red mosquito better
Yes, and Royal Enfield will go liquid cooled in the end, their new 450cc thumper (not released yet) is reported to be liquid cooled. Emissions will necessitate it. I like the Enfield 350 engine but I would rather have a DOHC 40HP liquid cooled 400cc (of any brand) than a 20HP 350cc Enfield engine.pekingduck_imp said:Here's some of the 300-400 class competitors. If that Honda 350 Highness were available here, I'd have one. It and the Royal Enfield are the only air-cooled engines in the group, and likely the slowest ones. The Triumph has the classic look, but is liquid-cooled, and 4-valve.
What's wrong with India? Indian people have an incredibly resourceful nature and many traditional crafting skills remain in the country. The mom & pop manufacturing base is huge and very adept.m in sc_imp said:I like that 400 a lot.
Indian built power plant? hard pass.
That blue colour is quite striking. Interesting.pekingduck_imp said:Here's a shot of the left side.
I was a bit sceptical about the INT650 I purchased last Nov. A test ride and then finding one second hand at a great price convinced me to try one out, a '22. So far, so good, at 4k miles (3300 of that me), but you do read a fair share of issues on the forums. Parts seem very inexpensive, tho'. But this is a "ride-for-a-year" bike, so hopefully it will last. : )m in sc_imp said:my take:
being in engineering/manufacturing/qc control (for 25 years now) has formed my opinion years ago on what comes out of India, particularly in metallurgy and castings. I still see it regularly. Its way too hit and miss for my liking. I owned a ktm390 built in india, the 1st year us model duke. the ONLY reason i bought it was because i knew ktm was carefully watching the 1st year on qc, and they still had issues. Looking at what the RE owners accept as 'ok' also is interesting. (im actually on the owners group page as i was considering it, I like the idea of a 650 INT). Nope, not for me. They aren't there yet IMHO and nothing anybody on here says is going to change that. Its a purely mechanical/quality issue for me, nothing else.
As a former owner of a RE Classic 350 I feel this!m in sc_imp said:my take:
being in engineering/manufacturing/qc control (for 25 years now) has formed my opinion years ago on what comes out of India, particularly in metallurgy and castings. I still see it regularly. Its way too hit and miss for my liking. I owned a ktm390 built in india, the 1st year us model duke. the ONLY reason i bought it was because i knew ktm was carefully watching the 1st year on qc, and they still had issues. Looking at what the RE owners accept as 'ok' also is interesting. (im actually on the owners group page as i was considering it, I like the idea of a 650 INT). Nope, not for me. They aren't there yet IMHO and nothing anybody on here says is going to change that. Its a purely mechanical/quality issue for me, nothing else.
That's probably a healthy attitude. I was actually trying to sell my '22 INT650 w/ 4k miles for $4,700, just in case I wanted to buy the blue W800. I had a few low offers, but one guy is/was interested, but I just pulled the plug on the sale because he couldn't make up his mind, and...neither could I, I guess.m in sc_imp said:if i ever find a used one too cheap to pass up i'll get one, but i'm not going to spend real money on something they cant even get the relays right on, lol. One will pop up eventually and i'll probably bite. I know some people have zero issues w them. With a garage full of 50+ year old bikes that are actually fairly reliable i have a hard time justifying an RE at this time w the issues that seem to plague them, overall. (how is it justified usually.... its the 'character'? lol).
But i like the idea of a sub 500cc bike in this ilk, overall. If they come to the states i'll def check one out.