Trim Paint

SimiPair_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Anybody know the color names or codes for the red and silver trim stripes on the tank of a 2014 black?
 
I don't know if it makes a difference, but I think they're decals that have been clear coated over -- at least they look like it.
 
The cans I received with my painted fairing from a PO have stickers on the side that say:
On the red...
"2100Honda R 101 Candy Gloss Red Requires Base #1075"

On the silver...
"1075 base"

That may mean that the silver is a base color?

Hope that is some small help.
 
Thanks for the replies. I got a rock chip in the silver stripe of the road comet, and was hoping it wasn't a decal...I'll see if a local body shop can match it close enough. I'm not sure about the 1075 base at ColorRite, the picture they use seems to be the same for all their #s.
 
I don't think the #1075 refers to the color on the stripe. Most of Honda's "candy" colors consist of a base color, with a translucent color over the top. In the case of the '13 model, there is a gray base coat with coats of Candy Glory Red on top of it. The technique gives the painted finish some depth.

As for the stripes, I too thought they were painted on until another forum member recently pointed out that they were decals under the clear coat.

I think you're best bet is to try and find a touch up paint that most closely matches the silver and hope for the best.
 
Back
Top