Traded My CB1100 For a Royal Enfield

Stealth128_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Just kidding! I did Purchase a Royal Enfield what a trip very 1940 somthing. Fuel injection works perfect on this bike actually surprised with the performance so far much more power then I expected. Kinda like driving a tank certainly is all steel.

Another old school bike for my collection.
 
Well you are the first person I know to actually own one. Cool. Post up pics and ride reports. Interested to know how it works out for you.

Must admit when I saw the title of this thread I thought " you've got to be kidding" lol
 
We had a local Enfield dealer for a short while. This is one bike that looks even better in person. My wife wanted one of the chrome tank models as a second bike but never pulled the trigger on it.

Congrats on the new bike and pics please.
 
Thread starter
Hi all I'll post some pictures over the week end. So far I can't keep people away from it. Every place I stop it gathers a Huge crowd Good Grief! It's not very stealthy!
 
I also thought about doing a test ride with a Royal Enfield. Unfortunately, the only dealer I found here close to my home location is basically a farm machinery dealer (no joke). Therefore, the dealer could not tell me much about the bike - I felt that he could tell me much more if I would have been interested in a John Deere or so. :D
So well, that's how it goes... Now I have a Honda instead of a RE.
 
A buddy has had one for several years. On his third tank. Instrument panel keeps shorting out in the rain, has added an aftermarket can that gave him some much needed hp but everyone says don't ride behind him. He loves it, warts and all.

But he needs an every day rider (Honda) as he can't rely on it.

That said, he rode it to Datil New Mexico for the Guzzi rally with no issues (buddies that rode with him could not say the same - well, in the gully washer he rode through he lost his speedo again). So we got him a t-shirt that read The Mighty Enfield! with a nice Royal Enfield bike pic on it. zazzle.com, great place for good custom t-shirts.

Gotta say, it's a proper looking bike.
 
Sounds like a RE may be good bit more authentic in its retro-ness than I would be interested in. If I wanted to endure such issues, I'd rather buy a vintage bike that might have a chance at appreciation.
 
I many ways I agree. The Yamaha SR400 would probably be a better choice for fickle owners like ourselves. But every time I see it I understand why he has it. Just don't understand why he has not added a second bike to his stable. Lots and lots of talk, no trigger pulling.
 
I think it's funny how some just accept the "quirks" of the RE, while some moan and moan about the CB's rear brake. I suspect if the CB had the quality control issues the RE has, we'd be calling it a POS!
 
ClassicVW_imp said:
I think it's funny how some just accept the "quirks" of the RE, while some moan and moan about the CB's rear brake. I suspect if the CB had the quality control issues the RE has, we'd be calling it a POS!
Some people are better at accepting whatever comes their way. Ever read the adventures of Helge Pederson or some of the other Adventure motorcyclists that have travelled the world into really remote places? NO WAY would I go to some of the places they have been and in some of the situations they have put themselves into. I get frustrated enough flying out of a major airport, having to have a layover in another airport, and renting a car at the other end.

I don't need "not knowing" if my motorcycle is going to make it some place, or in the case of the RE, actually EXPECTING it's not going to make it, but some people consider that part of the adventure. I don't, and if the CB had that reputation, I never would have bought one.
 
Back
Top