Traded in the CB

mininsx_imp

Been there
Thread starter
Saturday I traded in my '13 CB1100 for a new '17 Kawasaki Z900. The CB was and is a great bike and I thoroughly enjoyed it for almost 10,000 miles, but I got the "fever" for something new and test rode a Z, and that was it, I was hooked. $8399 list for a comfortable, naked sportbike that only weighs 445 lbs. with 125 HP will get the job done for me, and it's smooth with no engineered-in vibration. :thumbsup:
The funny thing is, the owner of the dealership was so stoked to get my CB in on trade that it was hard to tell who was happier, him or me!
 
Congrats on the new ride. The Z900s are supposed to be fine bikes. I looked at them a couple years ago but still too sportbikish for me ergo wise and the windshield was small and weird, but from what I've read they make fine solo sport tourers. Wonder if that motor will transition exactly to the new 900rs or if it will be detuned?

Post up a pic when you get it.
 
mininsx_imp said:
Saturday I traded in my '13 CB1100 for a new '17 Kawasaki Z900. The CB was and is a great bike and I thoroughly enjoyed it for almost 10,000 miles, but I got the "fever" for something new and test rode a Z, and that was it, I was hooked. $8399 list for a comfortable, naked sportbike that only weighs 445 lbs. with 125 HP will get the job done for me, and it's smooth with no engineered-in vibration. :thumbsup:
The funny thing is, the owner of the dealership was so stoked to get my CB in on trade that it was hard to tell who was happier, him or me!

There will come a time you regret the trade in of the CB....:P

Have fun with the new Kawa!

Wisedrum
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
Congrats on the new ride. The Z900s are supposed to be fine bikes. I looked at them a couple years ago but still too sportbikish for me ergo wise and the windshield was small and weird, but from what I've read they make fine solo sport tourers. Wonder if that motor will transition exactly to the new 900rs or if it will be detuned?

Post up a pic when you get it.
Thanks, Ferret. I can never get pictures to go for some reason, but here's a link, that I can do. :(

https://www.kawasaki.com/products/2017-Z900-ABS
 
Thread starter
use2b_imp said:
enjoy your new bike , if i was younger and single i might have considered but a bench seat is a must for me ....
Hahaha, I'm single but not young! (almost 66)
The ferret_imp said:
Congrats on the new ride. The Z900s are supposed to be fine bikes. I looked at them a couple years ago but still too sportbikish for me ergo wise and the windshield was small and weird, but from what I've read they make fine solo sport tourers. Wonder if that motor will transition exactly to the new 900rs or if it will be detuned?

Post up a pic when you get it.
I was wondering about that, too.
 
Enjoy the new bike!

I've had this "fever" you speak of my entire life in regards to a lot of things, but when it comes to my CB I know that if I get rid of it I'll regret it forever.
 
Wisedrum_imp said:
mininsx_imp said:
Saturday I traded in my '13 CB1100 for a new '17 Kawasaki Z900. The CB was and is a great bike and I thoroughly enjoyed it for almost 10,000 miles, but I got the "fever" for something new and test rode a Z, and that was it, I was hooked. $8399 list for a comfortable, naked sportbike that only weighs 445 lbs. with 125 HP will get the job done for me, and it's smooth with no engineered-in vibration. :thumbsup:
The funny thing is, the owner of the dealership was so stoked to get my CB in on trade that it was hard to tell who was happier, him or me!

There will come a time you regret the trade in of the CB....:P

Have fun with the new Kawa!

Wisedrum

There will come a time you regret the trade in of the CB....:P

Have fun with the new Kawa!

Wisedrum
Please include me in your CB = :biker: statement, Wisedrum...
....and you minisx, ENJOY your new toy !!
PB
 
Mininsx,
Interesting enough friend of mine also bought a 2017 Z900 on Saturday. He sold his 2016 NC700X last week. He bought the NC700X for his son to ride but instead kept it for himself and sold his FJ09. He complained FJ09 wheelied far too often. He is an aggressive rider and it just got too annoying for him. I didn't think he would be satisfied with the NC700X long term especially being the DCT version and that ended up being the case. He stated he was having horsepower lust. He demoed the Suzuki GSX-S750 before deciding on the Z900. Will be interesting to hear how you both enjoy it over time. Enjoy.
 
Thread starter
hb9400_imp said:
Mininsx,
Interesting enough friend of mine also bought a 2017 Z900 on Saturday. He sold his 2016 NC700X last week. He bought the NC700X for his son to ride but instead kept it for himself and sold his FJ09. He complained FJ09 wheelied far too often. He is an aggressive rider and it just got too annoying for him. I didn't think he would be satisfied with the NC700X long term especially being the DCT version and that ended up being the case. He stated he was having horsepower lust. He demoed the Suzuki GSX-S750 before deciding on the Z900. Will be interesting to hear how you both enjoy it over time. Enjoy.
Thanks! I hope to put some miles on it this week.
 
as i have said in other posts the z900 is as good a runner as the cb with more power
i test rode on this summer and loved it
only reason in dont have one is the promise of the rs
 
I think the Z900 is pretty ugly but I’m really leaning towards trading my CB1100 in for Z900RS they should be officially unveiling in a couple days.
It looks to be the “retro” I’m looking for but with the performance and weight I want.
I think my CB is a great bike but just too heavy and slowish coming from a Street Triple R.
 
The new Kawa RS isn't a beauty queen.
Not bad, but not so beautiful at all.

http://www.motorradonline.de/motorraeder/kawasaki-z-900-rs-ganz-nah-dran-am-original.945206.html

I've mostly driven and still drive motorbikes with around
50HP, which does it for me all the time. So having 90HP of the CB at hand is more than enough. Don't know why I should use more like 100 plus something and then mostly in connection with being watercooled. But it depends on where you are coming from.

Wisedrum
 
well in THAT color sccheme it's kind of ugly. What happened to the orange and brown?
 
Here’s a link with what the colors and two diff versions might look like.

2026 Kawasaki Z900RS review: Retro looks, modern speed

I’ll go fo the green and no spokes. Would rather have the higher bars than clip on style but even so I see swapping the stock bar out for something a bit lower.
I hthink it looks close to as good as the CB but I need a little more performance and a lot less weight.
 
The orange brown one with spoked wheels and the 4 in 4 pipes would be the nicest of all, but it is not shown among the 5 pictures. Maybe a customer can choose it the way he likes it. As close to the original Z900 as possible.

That it looks as good as a CB, for me the 2013 model, is doubtable. The fake fins hidding the watercooling stand in the way.....a motorbike should not use fakes but be honest and not prevent something that it is not. Other manufacturers had gone the same way like Honda with the Shadow or Triumph with the Bonneville family even more. And customers bought and buy fakes....so Kawa can't resist the temptation.

Wisedrum
 
That Z900RS is one seriously homely concoction, regardless of which horrid paint scheme one might settle for. There isn't a single line, surface, or angle that looks good on that thing, never mind looking remotely as good as any CB1100.

It will surely outperform the CB with ease, but its "retro" styling leaves way too much to be desired.
 
Hey VLJ was thinking about you today while out riding (and very much enjoying) my DLX. Hadn't seen you post here in awhile, and wondered what direction you had taken.

For me on the Kaw it would have to be the root beer and orange with the 4 pipes, although I agree not nearly as good looking as the CB
 
Back
Top