Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Of course. Bikes come and go, and if one doesn't fit someone's needs, it makes little sense to hang on to it.dBuster_imp said:I too have traded my 1100 in but for a cruiser. The dealership gave me $7200 on trade in and that covered the brand new zero miles 2011 Kawasaki Vulcan and I even got farkles thrown in since the trade in was more than what they dropped the Vulcan price to. All to get rid of an old floor sitting rent taking up bike.
Was going to get in too much trouble in the end with my aggressive riding with the sweet cb1100... I do regret it at times but not everyone is rich enough to afford more than one bike... Plus I am getting roughly 15 more mpg with the new bike with the same riding habit and riding places than I did with the cb1100.
I do hope I am still welcomed here...
Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk

After all the mods, why'd you get rid of it? I like mine for the most part but am not happy with the shocks. IIRC you had the top of the line Ohlins. If these didn't clean up the rear end, I doubt anything will. If that's the case I may have to let mine go, too, because the thing gets pretty squirrely in fast turns sometimes, something I can do without.Ack-CB11_imp said:Thanks Guth
I'll be keeping the R Nine T thead alive in the Other Bike section, for at least a year?![]()
Great motorcycle!Ack-CB11_imp said:Traded mine too.......KBB book was $5500, could only grind them up to 6.
I had no leverage with a waiting line for the bike I wanted.
R-Nine-T on the 25th.
Here we go again..........
Well ... but then ... the R NineT would be not suitable, too. Not so much chrome but I guess such a bike needs to be polished frequently, too.Ack-CB11_imp said:Storage really limited me to a one bike fleet. I turned that CB into to much of a show bike. Living in the worst place for something chrome and shiney, it was killing me to have it here.
I got mine to handle almost-kinda/maybe close to a 600 superbike, the brakes are just a lost cause, you can't out brake them.
Keep your bike and put my Ohlins on it. Do the front and get sticky tires and you'll be just about topped out handling wise.
I plan on listing all the hi-po stuff I'm pulling off.
If you trade, do like Dbuster and go for a floor model.
I did smoke a '13 Wee-strom 1000 though! AKA Suzuki V-strom

Ack - hated to see your bike go. But looking forward to lots of pictures and full riding reports on the R Nine T - as well as comparisons between it and the CB1100. Who knows, the CB may be better than the R Nine in a catagory or 2.Ack-CB11_imp said:Thanks Guth
I'll be keeping the R Nine T thead alive in the Other Bike section, for at least a year?![]()
I came from owning the GTL...offroadfx4_imp said:I actually test road both the CB1100 and the CB1000R before deciding. The CB1000R is a super modern high hp, high tech bike with ALL the cool features...120 hp, monster rear tire, mono shock, single rear arm, water cooled...it was a rocket! The 1100 won't pull my arms off, but it has all the power I need. At the end of the day, the 1000 just didn't fit my old fat body as well as the 11 did, so I purchased the 11. I do wish I had a touring bike as well....I'll dream of a BMW K 1600 GTL at my ultimate bike for long distances...

How do you decide which one to ride? Red, white; no, red. Er ... White. Er ....Ridem32_imp said:I have had many bikes. All the super bikes. All the big Harley's. Nothing can beat the CB11. No better bike to hop on and just ride! And oh my brings back the 70,s years. What a great time in my life![]()

