Traded her in....

redReno_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Yep,

I wasn't sure if I would let you all know, but, I traded her in.

She is an awesome bike and if I could have two bikes, she would always be mine. I can see myself picking one up again down the road.

I was really enjoying her, nice and comfortable, strong, super easy to ride... I just needed more... So I traded her in for a CB1000R.

The CB1000R feels so aggressive and it is much easier to shift my weight into a turn, it is what I was looking for, should have thought about it over more during the first trip to the dealership.

I won't talk about the deals made, but I did get the CB1000R while it was on sale.

Anyway, I will be visiting this site from time to time to see how you all are doing, there was so much more I wanted to do to the CB11... But I am much happier now with this bike.

I will be posting up the Staintune exhaust for sale soon, I also have the service manual and the extra tools missing from the tool bag upon acquiring the CB11 from the dealer.

Take care and ride safe everyone,
-Luis
 
Sorry to hear that, but from one who has been through several bikes prior to finding the CB1100 as my second bike, I can completly relate! Good luck!
 
If it has a motor and 2 wheels i'm cool with it. Congrats and check in from time to time with ride reports on the 1000
 
Ya, good luck keeping your license. :) bikes are a person choice and sometimes you just have to try one before you realize it was not the best choice. If one bike was best for everyone we'd only have one bike (and maybe three colors........).

Just stay away from Guzzi's or you heart will be lost forever. :P
 
Thread starter
Thanks,
and I don't plan on finding out lol.
thumper_imp said:
CB1000R? I think you just put your driver's license in jeopardy. :D

Congrats on the switch.
I might have ha! Definitely has the power I have been craving. It is has the same break in instructions the CB11 has, it is going to be difficult to "ride conservatively"
The ferret_imp said:
If it has a motor and 2 wheels i'm cool with it. Congrats and check in from time to time with ride reports on the 1000
Thank you and I will.
I can tell you now, that on the freeway I feel more vibrations from the handlebars than what I felt from the CB11. Rpms at 70mph are at about 4.5 or 5, kind of hard to tell on the digital meter.
Also, cruising at 70 mph, wind blast isn't as bad.
FUZZY_imp said:
Congrats on 1000R! I wish I could afford one of everything. I'm interested in service manual.
Ha! If I could afford it, I probably would have the CB11, and the CBR1000RR as the second bike! I think with the CB1000R I'll have somewhat the best of both worlds. My payments for both the finance and insurance went up! :s
I actually just got promoted to E-5 in the military (with a few days notice) I think I can handle the payments.
And according to the manual, I won't be servicing it as much as the CB11, oil change intervals at 8000 miles!!?? With regular oil!!!??? I'll probably switch to full synthetic and do the change somewhere between 4k-8k miles.
Rboe_imp said:
Ya, good luck keeping your license. :) bikes are a person choice and sometimes you just have to try one before you realize it was not the best choice. If one bike was best for everyone we'd only have one bike (and maybe three colors........).

Just stay away from Guzzi's or you heart will be lost forever. :P
Yep, luckily I think I made the right choice this time around.

Too bad the CB1000R forum isn't like this one, new and simple.
There are so many threads and it is kind of hard to navigate through the CB1000R forum.
 
Hey, there's a reason they make so many different rides.
If something else makes you happier....:cool:

Stay safe and good luck with that driver's license.:D
 
This is the second shock you've given me on this forum. The first time was when you posted the "I dropped her today" post. Luis, thanks for all your input and good posts. Enjoy your new bike.
 
Thread starter
Buffalorider_imp said:
Hey, there's a reason they make so many different rides.
If something else makes you happier....:cool:

Stay safe and good luck with that driver's license.:D
Maybe one day I will have 5 different bikes :D
I told my old lady that and you can imagine the look she gave me.
 
Luis,

Congratulations on the new bike, I'm glad you ended up finding the bike that will make you happy.

Hope you'll stick around and keep us up to date on your CB1000R related adventures. Afterall, we do have a section dedicated to other bikes. :D

Enjoy!
Guth
 
Thread starter
MrFerley_imp said:
This is the second shock you've given me on this forum. The first time was when you posted the "I dropped her today" post. Luis, thanks for all your input and good posts. Enjoy your new bike.
I shocked myself, I really thought I was going to keep her for a long time. I still wanted to get a small windscreen, silver bar ends, a corbin seat with the back rest, I was even planning on having the silver side panels painted a matte black! Or regular black, I never had made up my mind on that either.

I will enjoy this new ride for sure though.

Man this forum is great, I might spend more time on this one than any other.

and thanks Guth
 
redReno_imp said:
Buffalorider_imp said:
Hey, there's a reason they make so many different rides.
If something else makes you happier....:cool:

Stay safe and good luck with that driver's license.:D
Maybe one day I will have 5 different bikes :D
I told my old lady that and you can imagine the look she gave me.
Maybe one day I will have 5 different bikes :D
I told my old lady that and you can imagine the look she gave me.
Hey, I can make a logical argument for five.
More than that and you're on your own.:rolleyes:
 
Buffalorider_imp said:
Hey, there's a reason they make so many different rides.
If something else makes you happier....:cool:

Stay safe and good luck with that driver's license.:D
+1
enjoy your new ride Reno... and hey man, come say hi to us all here sometimes OK...?
Oh and congrats on the promotion too..!
 
ChipBeck_imp said:
When I first saw your post I thought you got a new girlfriend.
Somehow I'd be more accepting if that was really what his post was about :D

Sorry to see you off a CB11 Reno, but glad you're happier now.
 
Traded it in?! How could you do that?

You're stupid, ugly and your mother dresses you funny!!!

Now this feels like a normal forum :D


(Many happy miles on the new ride)
 
I suppose if you had to have one of those things the CB1000R is the best of the lot. Although the new FZ-9 triple is intriguing. Cycle World has a big write-up on it this month. Looks like it was already crashed, but that seems to be the "style" these days.
 
The Spaceman_imp said:
I suppose if you had to have one of those things the CB1000R is the best of the lot. Although the new FZ-9 triple is intriguing. Cycle World has a big write-up on it this month. Looks like it was already crashed, but that seems to be the "style" these days.
It looks pretty weird from some angles, but from others it isn't too bad. And the $7990 price sure gives me beer goggles!
 
Back
Top