TPMS

j3gq_imp

Been there
Thread starter
I remember a few of you have reported their experience with tire pressure monitoring systems (TPMS), and I have seen them at Amazon etc. The latest, and quite liked by the press came from Michelin. Like the earlier systems it relies on pressure sensors installed onto the valve. The truth is, I don't like that design. From centrifugal forces, theft, and funny little batteries, the extra weight on the valve stem ... and the fact that there is no way to properly measure tire temperature this way ... not my cup of tea.

Has anybody come across a system with sensors which are glued right inside the rim (and inside the tire) during tire change ? With long-lasting Li batteries this seems the ideal location for me.
 
I also like the idea of internal TPMS sensors, especially ones that are NOT connected to a smart phone. I'm a bit old school and my phone always stays in my pocket when I ride. I use a Garmin GPS for my long distance destination needs.

Haven't seen that one listed.... good looking out. Might have to look more into that one. thanks

This is a pretty neat one too.... has its own screen and looks pretty neat... SRTP400 Internal Tire Pressure Monitor
 
Put me in the ‘old school’ camp. That is, a routine check once in a while covers it for me.
 
Never used a TPMS until I got tubed spoke rims (2019). Highly recommended, and today's systems are reliable and cost-effective technology.
 
Back
Top