tommymck
Been there
Thread starter
Based on the number of people on this forum who have them, I got a set of Tourmaster Select saddle bags.
I was curious how you guys choose to mount these on your bikes. I was originally thinking over-seat just to make it quick and easy to take on and off, but there aren't great options for tying down the straps on the bottom front and back of the bags. You can rig it so that they are tied to pieces of frame or the grab rail, which at a minimum keeps them from falling off, but it isn't super snug. It'd be ideal if there were convenient tie-down spots on the bike at or below the bottom of the bag, but I wasn't creative enough to figure it out.
Good news is that it takes just a couple of minutes to put the main top straps under the seat. Still don't have a great way to strap the bottom of the bags down so that they can't flop up, but during a quick test ride anyway, that wasn't an issue.
I was curious how you guys choose to mount these on your bikes. I was originally thinking over-seat just to make it quick and easy to take on and off, but there aren't great options for tying down the straps on the bottom front and back of the bags. You can rig it so that they are tied to pieces of frame or the grab rail, which at a minimum keeps them from falling off, but it isn't super snug. It'd be ideal if there were convenient tie-down spots on the bike at or below the bottom of the bag, but I wasn't creative enough to figure it out.
Good news is that it takes just a couple of minutes to put the main top straps under the seat. Still don't have a great way to strap the bottom of the bags down so that they can't flop up, but during a quick test ride anyway, that wasn't an issue.