Touch up paint

Rossi_imp said:
Does anyone have the color name and p/n for the 2017 red ex? I caught a rock and have a small dent and paint chip- bummer but I don’t want the chip to get any bigger. Any help is appreciated.
Could you use nail polish if it is in an area you can not see easily ?
 
What I find strange is that I bought touch up paint from the dealer for my 2013. Its labeled Pro Honda Touch up paint and the part number on it is 08P50-R101CU-PN
Candy Glory Red-U

It also says distributed by American Honda Motor Company, Inc. Made in USA.

It would seem to me there would be a Honda number for other colors too.
 
Just made that enquiry at my Honda dealer here in the UK, to be informed that Honda here have nothing to do with paint - this is handled by "RS Paints".
I pointed out that I have a touch up for my Honda HR-V car, but motorcycle paint, no. I suppose the answer is to buy the same coloured motorcycle as your car? :D
 
Next time I’m at my dealer I’ll as about touch up for the ‘14 and ‘17 models and see what they say. Their parts guy is pretty good at finding stuff.
 
Houtman_imp said:
Rossi_imp said:
Does anyone have the color name and p/n for the 2017 red ex? I caught a rock and have a small dent and paint chip- bummer but I don’t want the chip to get any bigger. Any help is appreciated.
Could you use nail polish if it is in an area you can not see easily ?
Could you use nail polish if it is in an area you can not see easily ?
Hey Housman,
That is exactly my thinking. It is a small spot on the lower part of the tank
and only a very small broken thru area that I am thinking to use clear
nail polish to seal. I hate to be cheap on my CB.
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Next time I’m at my dealer I’ll as about touch up for the ‘14 and ‘17 models and see what they say. Their parts guy is pretty good at finding stuff.
Hello Popgun

Reviving this thread, my 2014 has a decent chip on the front of the tank and finding a good touch up paint solution is proving more difficult than anticipated. The chip is down to the metal so I want to seal it and paint it. Tried using the part number provided on this thread for the 2013 red but reverse searches for 2014 are proving futile. Any luck finding a part number from Honda by chance (went to dealer in Ft Collins yesterday and they said go to Colorite (not a fan)?

**alternatively, any other solutions are fine too (i.e. a good nail polish match)

Much thanks!!
 
The paint code for your bike is on a sticker on the frame rail under the seat. Is R-number. Like R-101 or whatever.
 
Paint code for Red '17 CB1100EX

b2cc73580d05b3beb745ca352d93e6d7.jpg
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
The paint code for your bike is on a sticker on the frame rail under the seat. Is R-number. Like R-101 or whatever.
Perfect, thanks guys. Looks like Colorite is the only option now. Parts for this bike had a very short life-span.
 
You guys mention nail polish. When my wife and I are shopping, and she veers into a cosmetics shop, I always peruse the nail polish section for good matches for cars, bikes, helmets, etc. I ask my wife to buy one if I need it. Not too long ago, I had her buy a particular shade of green that was a good match for a chip in a helmet. She ends up wearing the colors, since they tend to be on the funky side. It's amazing how many colors are available in nail polishes.
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
You guys mention nail polish. When my wife and I are shopping, and she veers into a cosmetics shop, I always peruse the nail polish section for good matches for cars, bikes, helmets, etc. I ask my wife to buy one if I need it. Not too long ago, I had her buy a particular shade of green that was a good match for a chip in a helmet. She ends up wearing the colors, since they tend to be on the funky side. It's amazing how many colors are available in nail polishes.
Maybe the Forum could use more education regarding available colours of nail polishes? :P Education iz good, right? :)
 
R-342C-A1...Ah, yes, "candy prominence red" for '17EX...

90e32b7d5240f910b89458b715017453.jpg


Try as I might, I couldn't make a divit caused by seat staple disappear. The color from the pen turned out slighty darker, and I couldn't make it match the surface as well as I had hoped. But the area is covered by the seat edge so it's unseen. I was curious to just how well one can make a paint chip go away--in my case, not very well.

The dealership gave me the paint stick at no cost when I showed them how the staple had backed out causing the scratch down to bare metal. But if I ever do get a paint chip that's visible, I'll just dab it with a bit of paint to protect from rust and not worry about appearance.
 
Back
Top