Touch up paint

RickNRoll53_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Do any of you guys know if Honda sells touch up paints that come in those paint pens you shake up and they have a metal tip and ball like an ink pen to touch up dings. Like car/truck dealers sell... thanks:biker:
 
Be good to see some photos of that when it happens.
 
Honda dealer sells touch up paint. It comes in a little metal bottle with what looks like a ball point tip and a would guess a little brush inside. I haven't used mine so can't be positive about the brush.
 
08P50-R101CU-PN
Candy Glory Red-U

I don't know what the -U is, but that is what is on the bottle.

This is the '13 red.
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
08P50-R101CU-PN
Candy Glory Red-U

I don't know what the -U is, but that is what is on the bottle.

This is the '13 red.
Thank you Popgun! When I had asked my dealer about a touch up paint kit, they told me that Honda didn't have one, and to go to ColorRite. Today I went back to the dealer with the part number you provided, and to their astonishment it came up in their system, and they ordered it for me. I hate it when we are the ones who have to help the dealers sale stuff we need, and when they have no clue of what's available. It kills me.
 
I sort of agree, Ghis, although not every person at the dealer can know everything. What I hate is when they just assert they don't have something and make absolutely no effort to check. It's not as if it's hard looking it up on a computer.
 
I don't know where in the dealer fiche he looked, but he pulled it right up without any problem. Glad I could help though :)

Ghis, Candy Glory Red is the '13 color. The '14 is Candy Alizarin Red. I don't have that part number, but it may be close to the same as the paint code is in the number. I hope you have a '13.
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
I don't know where in the dealer fiche he looked, but he pulled it right up without any problem. Glad I could help though :)

Ghis, Candy Glory Red is the '13 color. The '14 is Candy Alizarin Red. I don't have that part number, but it may be close to the same as the paint code is in the number. I hope you have a '13.
Ghis has a black bike. :P
 
Oh man. Unless he adjusted the part number with his code, he is not going to be happy...

Ghis, if you can't get the number for black, let us know and I will see if my dealer can look it up.
 
You're messing with me Cormanus. :D

You know, my cousin is a retired cop up by Atlanta. Maybe I'll see if he can get his buddies to give you a ticket when you get there! :hello: :P
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
I don't know where in the dealer fiche he looked, but he pulled it right up without any problem. Glad I could help though :)

Ghis, Candy Glory Red is the '13 color. The '14 is Candy Alizarin Red. I don't have that part number, but it may be close to the same as the paint code is in the number. I hope you have a '13.
Yep, it's a '13. Thanks.
 
Does anyone have the color name and p/n for the 2017 red ex? I caught a rock and have a small dent and paint chip- bummer but I don’t want the chip to get any bigger. Any help is appreciated.
 
Rossi_imp said:
Does anyone have the color name and p/n for the 2017 red ex? I caught a rock and have a small dent and paint chip- bummer but I don’t want the chip to get any bigger. Any help is appreciated.
It is R342C. Candy Prominence Red. Your paint code is on a sticker on the frame under your seat. I had the same thing happen and went to my dealer to order touch-up paint. He said Honda does not sell it but refers people to Color Rite. I have used Color Rite for years and their paints are great. Here is a link:
https://www.colorrite.com/product/honda-r342c-candy-prominence-red-2286.cfm
Note that the paint cost me about $50 with shipping since our 2017 red requires a base, color and a clear coat. I bought the pens but have not yet used them.
 
apex1_imp said:
Rossi_imp said:
Does anyone have the color name and p/n for the 2017 red ex? I caught a rock and have a small dent and paint chip- bummer but I don’t want the chip to get any bigger. Any help is appreciated.
It is R342C. Candy Prominence Red. Your paint code is on a sticker on the frame under your seat. I had the same thing happen and went to my dealer to order touch-up paint. He said Honda does not sell it but refers people to Color Rite. I have used Color Rite for years and their paints are great. Here is a link:
https://www.colorrite.com/product/honda-r342c-candy-prominence-red-2286.cfm
Note that the paint cost me about $50 with shipping since our 2017 red requires a base, color and a clear coat. I bought the pens but have not yet used them.
It is R342C. Candy Prominence Red. Your paint code is on a sticker on the frame under your seat. I had the same thing happen and went to my dealer to order touch-up paint. He said Honda does not sell it but refers people to Color Rite. I have used Color Rite for years and their paints are great. Here is a link:
https://www.colorrite.com/product/honda-r342c-candy-prominence-red-2286.cfm
Note that the paint cost me about $50 with shipping since our 2017 red requires a base, color and a clear coat. I bought the pens but have not yet used them.
Thanks Apex 1. I appreciate your help.
 
I'm really pi$$ed off the way Honda, who have that fabulous "Candy Glory Red" in their catalogue, keep changing their reds every year... They've now got some ghastly lollipop red on my '18 'bike that looks nowhere near as good as CGR. My Whitehouse tank will be Candy Glory Red, and two fingers up to Honda... ???
But why change it each yeat?? For Pete's sake, WHY??? :(
 
Back
Top