Torque wrench ?

JF Coastal_imp

Been there
Thread starter
Anyone have a link or recommendation. All the local shops don't seem to have one that will go low enough for some of the bolts on the CB1100. Rear upper shock is at 6.6 foot lbs.

inch lbs have a conversion ?

Possibly silly question. Just don't have much experience with them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.


Thanks,

JF
 
12 inch pounds = 1 foot pound.
24 inch pounds = 2 foot pounds and so on...

Your 6.6 foot pounds = 79 inch pounds (6.6 x 12 = 79.2)
 
you won't find one torque wrench that will do the upper shock bolts and the rear axle nut. Buy an inch pound torque wrench and a 0-100 foot pound torque wrench.. Sears, Harbor Freight, probably Loews, Home Depo, Ace etc
 
BestStandard_imp said:
These are handy tools... use them with any ratchet, plus they can also be used to check the calibration of your old mechanical torque wrenches:

Amazon.com

Amazon.com
Man, what will they think of next? What an ingenious idea!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
 
BestStandard_imp said:
These are handy tools... use them with any ratchet, plus they can also be used to check the calibration of your old mechanical torque wrenches:

Amazon.com

Amazon.com
That's an amazing idea! Why buy a separate mechanical torque wrench if you can get one of these?
 
'Cause an electronic beep will never be as satisfying as the solid 'clunk' of a torque wrench?
 
Beep? Click?
My 1/4" beam-type torque wrench is totally silent, needs no calibration or batteries, is quicker, cheaper, measures break-away torque, and you can watch as torque increases.

I have click-types too, but don't need a digital one. I have enough stuff that gets used lightly, but still kill the batteries when I need it. I am constantly replacing batteries in meters, calipers, smoke detectors, scales, security alarms, tire pressure gauges, etc.
 
I'm old fashioned I guess, as I use both inch pound and foot pound torque wrench's that click/break.
No assembly or batteries required :D
 
I have the Harbor Freight one. It is mechanical and works fine. It's the only one I have ever owned, so I don't really have anything to compare it to, but for my purposes, it works fine and was fairly cheap.
 
Thread starter
I think I'll go with harbor freight one. thanks for all the input guys.


BTW... those top rear shock bolts break off entirely too easy. I got lucky and a few taps with a screw driver and they twisted themselves out.
 
I have 3 torque wrenches. The lowest is in inch pounds, one from 10-80 lbs and a biggie for in excess of 100 lbs. They all overlap to some degree but I am told a torque wrench at either end of its scale is useless, as in inaccurate readings.
 
Back
Top