top speed, quarter mile

The ferret_imp said:
HikerToo_imp said:
65HP can not push a bike through the wind at 150MPH....
There are exceptions..Rollie Free's HRD Vincent Black Shadow run at Bonneville Salt Flats Sept 13, 1948 150.313 mph

Oops just looked it up, his HRD was rated at 70 hp so guess you are right lol ..a stock Vincent was rated at 45 horsepower
There are exceptions..Rollie Free's HRD Vincent Black Shadow run at Bonneville Salt Flats Sept 13, 1948 150.313 mph

Oops just looked it up, his HRD was rated at 70 hp so guess you are right lol ..a stock Vincent was rated at 45 horsepower
If I ride a bicycle with high gear, my top speed is 40 MPH on flat road. I change gear to lower, my top speed is 15 MPH but I can climb hill at 6%, A very strong rider use the same bike, his top speed on flat still 40 MPH; on lower gear, his top speed is 25 at 6%.

so horse power is just one element of the real power. 65 horse with 105 lb of torques have much better top speed than 65 horse with 50 lbs torques

any engineer can shred light on this?
 
I ran into limiter by accident and thought there was something wrong with my bike.:blush:
I started looking for comments here and on another forum and learned the truth. When I tested it I saw that I could induce it at exactly the same spot and it DID irk me for a few weeks.
But then I though about all the work involve din trying to get around it and how often I might ever go back up there again and decided it was not worth the time & money. There is so much right with this bike why bother?
 
I have to say, this is literally the first forum I have ever visited where users WELCOME their brand new motorcycles being LIMITED. I can't believe what I am reading, has anyone read my previous post here? My mind is completely blown.

Part of owning and riding a motorcycle is taking responsibility for the dangers and power that you have at your wrist. You are giving up that responsibility by letting them cap you with a limiter.

For those of you who never do three digits and say 'oh it doesn't affect me so I don't care', then you have no reason to post in this topic or the right to an opinion, because it (as you said) does not affect you. I'm all for safety, but good god what happened to your motorcycling spirit?

If you feel Honda should limit you for your own good, you really shouldn't be riding. or driving. Hell, you should just go to a place where they wipe your butt and feed you through a tube for maximum knowledge of 'what is best for you'.
 
SnowCrash_imp said:
I have to say, this is literally the first forum I have ever visited where users WELCOME their brand new motorcycles being LIMITED. I can't believe what I am reading, has anyone read my previous post here? My mind is completely blown.

Part of owning and riding a motorcycle is taking responsibility for the dangers and power that you have at your wrist. You are giving up that responsibility by letting them cap you with a limiter.

For those of you who never do three digits and say 'oh it doesn't affect me so I don't care', then you have no reason to post in this topic or the right to an opinion, because it (as you said) does not affect you. I'm all for safety, but good god what happened to your motorcycling spirit?

If you feel Honda should limit you for your own good, you really shouldn't be riding. or driving. Hell, you should just go to a place where they wipe your butt and feed you through a tube for maximum knowledge of 'what is best for you'.

Not sure that is your call!

For the record Honda imported a motorcycle that they had a speed limiter on for it's entire production run, one that many of us dreamed for and begged Honda to bring here, and are willing to accept as is, even though there are other unrestricted motorcycles we could have just as easily spent our money on if it bothered us that much.

Im not allowed to own a machine gun, a grenade launcher or atomic bombs, that doesn't stop me from enjoying my "restricted power" semi auto 9 mm or my 380 or my 22. There are all kinds of restrictions in life. The vast majority of them either don't affect me or don't bother me.
 
For the sake of truth in advertising, it should be included in the published specs. I may have bought it anyway but I resent the incomplete details given for the bike.....its not disclosed in the promotional or spec sheets and its deceptive marketing.
 
SnowCrash_imp said:
I have to say, this is literally the first forum I have ever visited where users WELCOME their brand new motorcycles being LIMITED. I can't believe what I am reading, has anyone read my previous post here? My mind is completely blown.

Part of owning and riding a motorcycle is taking responsibility for the dangers and power that you have at your wrist. You are giving up that responsibility by letting them cap you with a limiter.

For those of you who never do three digits and say 'oh it doesn't affect me so I don't care', then you have no reason to post in this topic or the right to an opinion, because it (as you said) does not affect you. I'm all for safety, but good god what happened to your motorcycling spirit?

If you feel Honda should limit you for your own good, you really shouldn't be riding. or driving. Hell, you should just go to a place where they wipe your butt and feed you through a tube for maximum knowledge of 'what is best for you'.
Interesting. I can't speak for anyone else but my motorcycling 'spirit' isn't limited to top-end speed, far from it. Very few dirt bikes going 130 MPH on single track yet plenty of motorcycling spirit there. Personally, I like the rush of 'off-the-line' acceleration more than the rush of top-end speed. I love the feeling of dropping a bike into a curve and grin when I hear the scrape of the peg (again, nowhere near 100 MPH). I enjoy just winding through country roads with no particular destination on a cool fall day. My motorcycling spirit is doing just fine.
 
Who knows where to start with foolish SnowCrash post.....you're upset because some people don't feel the same way as you? That they are not upset Honda has a speed limiter? Then you tell them they should not post if they don't feel like you or have a right to an opinion? On my older 900 Ninja I did 150+ at least once a week, now that I am 50 and with the CB110 I just enjoy riding it at a failry legal pace...if I want a faster bike, I'll get it. So SnoCrash, why don't you move on, and if you don't like the CB1100 then don't buy it, or sell it if you already bought it.
 
The ferret_imp said:
SnowCrash_imp said:
I have to say, this is literally the first forum I have ever visited where users WELCOME their brand new motorcycles being LIMITED. I can't believe what I am reading, has anyone read my previous post here? My mind is completely blown.

Part of owning and riding a motorcycle is taking responsibility for the dangers and power that you have at your wrist. You are giving up that responsibility by letting them cap you with a limiter.

For those of you who never do three digits and say 'oh it doesn't affect me so I don't care', then you have no reason to post in this topic or the right to an opinion, because it (as you said) does not affect you. I'm all for safety, but good god what happened to your motorcycling spirit?

If you feel Honda should limit you for your own good, you really shouldn't be riding. or driving. Hell, you should just go to a place where they wipe your butt and feed you through a tube for maximum knowledge of 'what is best for you'.

Not sure that is your call!

For the record Honda imported a motorcycle that they had a speed limiter on for it's entire production run, one that many of us dreamed for and begged Honda to bring here, and are willing to accept as is, even though there are other unrestricted motorcycles we could have just as easily spent our money on if it bothered us that much.

Im not allowed to own a machine gun, a grenade launcher or atomic bombs, that doesn't stop me from enjoying my "restricted power" semi auto 9 mm or my 380 or my 22. There are all kinds of restrictions in life. The vast majority of them either don't affect me or don't bother me.

Not sure that is your call!

For the record Honda imported a motorcycle that they had a speed limiter on for it's entire production run, one that many of us dreamed for and begged Honda to bring here, and are willing to accept as is, even though there are other unrestricted motorcycles we could have just as easily spent our money on if it bothered us that much.

Im not allowed to own a machine gun, a grenade launcher or atomic bombs, that doesn't stop me from enjoying my "restricted power" semi auto 9 mm or my 380 or my 22. There are all kinds of restrictions in life. The vast majority of them either don't affect me or don't bother me.
Apples to oranges, my friend. It's like living in california and purchasing a glock with the standard carrying capacity of 15 or 17 rounds, and having your magazines limited to 10 rounds each. You paid MORE than the standard price, yet you get LESS.

And for the record, you ARE allowed to own all of those things. Machine guns require much paperwork and money, a grenade launcher can be purchased more easily than a firearm, and an atomic bomb requires you to have access to resources and equipment costing much more than most people can make in their lifetime.
 
HikerToo_imp said:
Who knows where to start with foolish SnowCrash post.....you're upset because some people don't feel the same way as you? That they are not upset Honda has a speed limiter? Then you tell them they should not post if they don't feel like you or have a right to an opinion? On my older 900 Ninja I did 150+ at least once a week, now that I am 50 and with the CB110 I just enjoy riding it at a failry legal pace...if I want a faster bike, I'll get it. So SnoCrash, why don't you move on, and if you don't like the CB1100 then don't buy it, or sell it if you already bought it.
its his opinion. You don't have to agree with it but he's entitled to express it, same as you are entitled to yours.
 
HikerToo_imp said:
Who knows where to start with foolish SnowCrash post.....you're upset because some people don't feel the same way as you? That they are not upset Honda has a speed limiter? Then you tell them they should not post if they don't feel like you or have a right to an opinion? On my older 900 Ninja I did 150+ at least once a week, now that I am 50 and with the CB110 I just enjoy riding it at a failry legal pace...if I want a faster bike, I'll get it. So SnoCrash, why don't you move on, and if you don't like the CB1100 then don't buy it, or sell it if you already bought it.
:rofl:

Sounds like you should have spent more time in school practicing reading comprehension and less time doing "150+"
 
SnowCrash_imp said:
I have to say, this is literally the first forum I have ever visited where users WELCOME their brand new motorcycles being LIMITED. I can't believe what I am reading, has anyone read my previous post here? My mind is completely blown.

Part of owning and riding a motorcycle is taking responsibility for the dangers and power that you have at your wrist. You are giving up that responsibility by letting them cap you with a limiter.

For those of you who never do three digits and say 'oh it doesn't affect me so I don't care', then you have no reason to post in this topic or the right to an opinion, because it (as you said) does not affect you. I'm all for safety, but good god what happened to your motorcycling spirit?

If you feel Honda should limit you for your own good, you really shouldn't be riding. or driving. Hell, you should just go to a place where they wipe your butt and feed you through a tube for maximum knowledge of 'what is best for you'.
Really?? In the words of Bill Murray: "Lighten Up Francis".
 
Sitting back sipping coffee waiting for the censorship to kick in... you know our bikes are limited, rev limited that is so why wouldn't the forum be limited as well...

Actually this is good reading so please allow it to continue....

:biker: doing 14mph.... or did I forget a 0 in there?

:beerchug:
 
Deanohh_imp said:
For the sake of truth in advertising, it should be included in the published specs. I may have bought it anyway but I resent the incomplete details given for the bike.....its not disclosed in the promotional or spec sheets and its deceptive marketing.
Well I can say it wouldn't have kept me from buying. I ordered mine 2 weeks before my dealer found out it was even being imported. That said, it's was available in Japan, Australia and Malaysia for over 2 years before we got it. I read EVERYTHING I COULD FIND in magazine print and on the internet ever since the prototypes were shown in 2007, and as long as it has been in production, no one else in the world, on any forums, by any magazine testers, by any blog writers that I can recall, were bothered by it enough to even mention it.
 
SnowCrash_imp said:
I have to say, this is literally the first forum I have ever visited where users WELCOME their brand new motorcycles being LIMITED. I can't believe what I am reading, has anyone read my previous post here? My mind is completely blown.

Part of owning and riding a motorcycle is taking responsibility for the dangers and power that you have at your wrist. You are giving up that responsibility by letting them cap you with a limiter.

For those of you who never do three digits and say 'oh it doesn't affect me so I don't care', then you have no reason to post in this topic or the right to an opinion, because it (as you said) does not affect you. I'm all for safety, but good god what happened to your motorcycling spirit?

If you feel Honda should limit you for your own good, you really shouldn't be riding. or driving. Hell, you should just go to a place where they wipe your butt and feed you through a tube for maximum knowledge of 'what is best for you'.
Sir,

I just reviewed that the 2001+ Hayabusa is limited to 186 mph. Oh, the outrage! Limited? I'm going to call my congressman! Or Fox News!

BTW, not everyone needs a bike that has an infinite top speed. Just ask millions of satisfied Harley owners.

And speaking of limits, opinions are not limited by yours.
 
Firstfour_imp said:
SnowCrash_imp said:
I have to say, this is literally the first forum I have ever visited where users WELCOME their brand new motorcycles being LIMITED. I can't believe what I am reading, has anyone read my previous post here? My mind is completely blown.

Part of owning and riding a motorcycle is taking responsibility for the dangers and power that you have at your wrist. You are giving up that responsibility by letting them cap you with a limiter.

For those of you who never do three digits and say 'oh it doesn't affect me so I don't care', then you have no reason to post in this topic or the right to an opinion, because it (as you said) does not affect you. I'm all for safety, but good god what happened to your motorcycling spirit?

If you feel Honda should limit you for your own good, you really shouldn't be riding. or driving. Hell, you should just go to a place where they wipe your butt and feed you through a tube for maximum knowledge of 'what is best for you'.
Sir,

I just reviewed that the 2001+ Hayabusa is limited to 186 mph. Oh, the outrage! Limited? I'm going to call my congressman! Or Fox News!

BTW, not everyone needs a bike that has an infinite top speed. Just ask millions of satisfied Harley owners.

And speaking of limits, opinions are not limited by yours.
Sir,

I just reviewed that the 2001+ Hayabusa is limited to 186 mph. Oh, the outrage! Limited? I'm going to call my congressman! Or Fox News!

BTW, not everyone needs a bike that has an infinite top speed. Just ask millions of satisfied Harley owners.

And speaking of limits, opinions are not limited by yours.
A typical response if you can't discuss something in a convincing way is to mock and ridicule the other person in an effort to shut them up.
 
Firstfour_imp said:
SnowCrash_imp said:
I have to say, this is literally the first forum I have ever visited where users WELCOME their brand new motorcycles being LIMITED. I can't believe what I am reading, has anyone read my previous post here? My mind is completely blown.

Part of owning and riding a motorcycle is taking responsibility for the dangers and power that you have at your wrist. You are giving up that responsibility by letting them cap you with a limiter.

For those of you who never do three digits and say 'oh it doesn't affect me so I don't care', then you have no reason to post in this topic or the right to an opinion, because it (as you said) does not affect you. I'm all for safety, but good god what happened to your motorcycling spirit?

If you feel Honda should limit you for your own good, you really shouldn't be riding. or driving. Hell, you should just go to a place where they wipe your butt and feed you through a tube for maximum knowledge of 'what is best for you'.
Sir,

I just reviewed that the 2001+ Hayabusa is limited to 186 mph. Oh, the outrage! Limited? I'm going to call my congressman! Or Fox News!

BTW, not everyone needs a bike that has an infinite top speed. Just ask millions of satisfied Harley owners.

And speaking of limits, opinions are not limited by yours.
Sir,

I just reviewed that the 2001+ Hayabusa is limited to 186 mph. Oh, the outrage! Limited? I'm going to call my congressman! Or Fox News!

BTW, not everyone needs a bike that has an infinite top speed. Just ask millions of satisfied Harley owners.

And speaking of limits, opinions are not limited by yours.
we're not talking about the hayabusa, the y2k, the veyron, or what else you want to throw into this mess. we're talking about a cb1100, something that is a modern literbike that can't even keep up with its carb counterpart

On the other hand, if you really want to force my hand at a response- yes, yes it would be an outrage if I was a buyer for a hyperbike. Someone like kawasaki advertizing their zx-14r to be the fastest production bike in the world or a few years ago, the hayabusa, would irritate me that they cap it at 180-something mph when I specifically paid for the full performance package they are advertizing.

I take my bonneville up to 115 every now and then and like to push it, are you saying it's fair to cb1100 riders who want to do the same but can't because of YOUR opinion that IT'S OKAY to limit the bike since YOU don't want to go that fast anyway?
 
SnowCrash_imp said:
Firstfour_imp said:
SnowCrash_imp said:
I have to say, this is literally the first forum I have ever visited where users WELCOME their brand new motorcycles being LIMITED. I can't believe what I am reading, has anyone read my previous post here? My mind is completely blown.

Part of owning and riding a motorcycle is taking responsibility for the dangers and power that you have at your wrist. You are giving up that responsibility by letting them cap you with a limiter.

For those of you who never do three digits and say 'oh it doesn't affect me so I don't care', then you have no reason to post in this topic or the right to an opinion, because it (as you said) does not affect you. I'm all for safety, but good god what happened to your motorcycling spirit?

If you feel Honda should limit you for your own good, you really shouldn't be riding. or driving. Hell, you should just go to a place where they wipe your butt and feed you through a tube for maximum knowledge of 'what is best for you'.
Sir,

I just reviewed that the 2001+ Hayabusa is limited to 186 mph. Oh, the outrage! Limited? I'm going to call my congressman! Or Fox News!

BTW, not everyone needs a bike that has an infinite top speed. Just ask millions of satisfied Harley owners.

And speaking of limits, opinions are not limited by yours.
Sir,

I just reviewed that the 2001+ Hayabusa is limited to 186 mph. Oh, the outrage! Limited? I'm going to call my congressman! Or Fox News!

BTW, not everyone needs a bike that has an infinite top speed. Just ask millions of satisfied Harley owners.

And speaking of limits, opinions are not limited by yours.
we're not talking about the hayabusa, the y2k, the veyron, or what else you want to throw into this mess. we're talking about a cb1100, something that is a modern literbike that can't even keep up with its carb counterpart

On the other hand, if you really want to force my hand at a response- yes, yes it would be an outrage if I was a buyer for a hyperbike. Someone like kawasaki advertizing their zx-14r to be the fastest production bike in the world or a few years ago, the hayabusa, would irritate me that they cap it at 180-something mph when I specifically paid for the full performance package they are advertizing.

I take my bonneville up to 115 every now and then and like to push it, are you saying it's fair to cb1100 riders who want to do the same but can't because of YOUR opinion that IT'S OKAY to limit the bike since YOU don't want to go that fast anyway?
So unplug the friggin' speed sensor. What's your problem?
 
Firstfour_imp said:
SnowCrash_imp said:
Firstfour_imp said:
SnowCrash_imp said:
I have to say, this is literally the first forum I have ever visited where users WELCOME their brand new motorcycles being LIMITED. I can't believe what I am reading, has anyone read my previous post here? My mind is completely blown.

Part of owning and riding a motorcycle is taking responsibility for the dangers and power that you have at your wrist. You are giving up that responsibility by letting them cap you with a limiter.

For those of you who never do three digits and say 'oh it doesn't affect me so I don't care', then you have no reason to post in this topic or the right to an opinion, because it (as you said) does not affect you. I'm all for safety, but good god what happened to your motorcycling spirit?

If you feel Honda should limit you for your own good, you really shouldn't be riding. or driving. Hell, you should just go to a place where they wipe your butt and feed you through a tube for maximum knowledge of 'what is best for you'.
Sir,

I just reviewed that the 2001+ Hayabusa is limited to 186 mph. Oh, the outrage! Limited? I'm going to call my congressman! Or Fox News!

BTW, not everyone needs a bike that has an infinite top speed. Just ask millions of satisfied Harley owners.

And speaking of limits, opinions are not limited by yours.
Sir,

I just reviewed that the 2001+ Hayabusa is limited to 186 mph. Oh, the outrage! Limited? I'm going to call my congressman! Or Fox News!

BTW, not everyone needs a bike that has an infinite top speed. Just ask millions of satisfied Harley owners.

And speaking of limits, opinions are not limited by yours.
we're not talking about the hayabusa, the y2k, the veyron, or what else you want to throw into this mess. we're talking about a cb1100, something that is a modern literbike that can't even keep up with its carb counterpart

On the other hand, if you really want to force my hand at a response- yes, yes it would be an outrage if I was a buyer for a hyperbike. Someone like kawasaki advertizing their zx-14r to be the fastest production bike in the world or a few years ago, the hayabusa, would irritate me that they cap it at 180-something mph when I specifically paid for the full performance package they are advertizing.

I take my bonneville up to 115 every now and then and like to push it, are you saying it's fair to cb1100 riders who want to do the same but can't because of YOUR opinion that IT'S OKAY to limit the bike since YOU don't want to go that fast anyway?
So unplug the friggin' speed sensor. What's your problem?
So unplug the friggin' speed sensor. What's your problem?

Is that the known fix? I've been hearing that even modifying the ecu wouldn't work.
 
Back
Top