Top Box Seat Back

Have you asked Samurider? No instructions? I'd be inclined to cut off the tabs and rely on the tape, but then Im not confident I could drill the holes correctly. No indentations in the trunk. Indicating where to drill?
 
The trick is marking the holes. Maybe lipstick on the ends of the nubs. I would drill the holes. I've had limited success with double face foam tape.
 
Thread starter
I have instructions from Takashi to drill holes, and will probably go that route.

Lipstick/marker is a good idea.
 
Take a piece of cardboard and put some pieces of wood under it to elevate it. Put the pad on it and press down so that the screws puncture the cardboard. Press down until the pad is touching the cardboard so you can easily trace the outline. Cut out the cardboard and, if necessary use a drill to drill out where the screws punctured the cardboard. Place the cardboard on the box, centering it until you are comfortable with the position and tape in place. Take a sharpie and mark the holes. Drill the holes and you should be good to go.
 
Oh ya, a template is the way to go. You can muck up a lot of templates for the price of one top box!
 
Back
Top