Fun article. The GB500 and Hawk GT would be my picks. Not sure the KLR650 is a cult bike...it's just a well-rounded workhorse that does what it does better than anything else available. The profile CB1100 tank seems to have been inspired by the SRX-600...may also explain the evolution of the CB1100 2017 tank.
I lobbied John for the GB500, as did others, we made the cut! It really does attract attention. Nice little bike, even many of the old Brit bike guys who once shunned it as pastiche have come around.
I lobbied John for the GB500, as did others, we made the cut! It really does attract attention. Nice little bike, even many of the old Brit bike guys who once shunned it as pastiche have come around.
My return to the world of motorcycling featured a Hawk GT, which I still have ten years later. I was grateful for the cult-like following the Hawk enjoyed at the time. I did most all of the work on the bike myself and was always able to find answers to whatever dilemma I happened to be facing, either through the old Hawk list (email list) or via the Hawk forum.