Took the CB to the track!

kDiqq_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
My buddy did some videoing of us at the strip last weekend. Figured I'd share it! It was a pretty hot night, but the Honda got down really well and was a dream to get moving. Ended up cutting a 1.9x 60'! Really impressed me, I know the bike has more in it if only I was a better rider haha! Enjoy!

 
Wow the FZ09 rated at 115 HP and 415 pounds was less than .2 faster than your 540 lb 87 hp machine. Have you had your ecu reflashed?
 
Thread starter
Yes! I have the Guhl ECU and full exhaust. To be fair, I was running really well and my friend on the FZ was not. Still though, I had him beat 2/3 passes haha! I had it on the scale too. With me, gas, and gear I was sitting at 720lbs! I was still very impressed that the CB held it's own just fine despite being way out of its element.
 
It sounded like your buddy was having trouble getting going off the line, but once he got the revs up he was gone. Great video!
 
I find that the CB1100 torque curve is very different from any other motorcycle I've owned.
It's deceiving; the bikes power comes on so smoothly you don't think your really accelerating that fast, that is, until you look down at the speedometer and say to your self "HOLY COW, really!"
The last really quick bike I had, a 2004 Suzuki Bandit 1200/S, was shocking to ride, scary fast... for me.
 
Back
Top