Took my Roadcrafter out for a ride

Django

Road warrior
Thread starter
My dear friends of a good ride,

as some already know, I became a proud owner of a roadcrafter recently. Well, there is no dealership selling roadcrafters here in Germany, so I had to import it myself.

Now we want to get friends and what's better than to invite him to a ride.

So I started last Friday evening about 6 pm at home
7bf0a16d179a1d1d3f1bf6580d1a0050.jpg


to meet some of my friends at our regular place to get sent on the road
11cbb49a75ab4a7273829a368978dec7.jpg


After a ride of 350 km, partly thru a really hefty thunderstorm with rain and wind I never had experienced in my whole life before, we arrived at about 12 pm in Oberstdorf, where I had booked a room in a hotel.

Early in the morning at 7 am I started at the gas station of Oberstdorf to show my roadcrafter some parts of Germany. We visited the southmost point of Germany,
b0c61193d2422a5dcd77b5cdbedd3840.jpg


then the most eastern point of Germany,
1b74febd65454031dca880bed8f36ba4.jpg


and the most western point of Germany
86b3c3253960bf5d31cfc1af388c832d.jpg


to finish at the most northern point of Germany. As you can see, it's already dawn there at 4:36am.

92f02f506ce9dea39ada6691b383d16c.jpg


Here I rest this Sunday to continue my journey tomorrow. However, first thing tomorrow morning is to get new tires, which I already ordered at a local dealer here in the north German town Flensburg.

Overall this was a ride of 2,598 km. If there are no issues with certification by IBA Germany, this will be in one ride:
a BB2500K (Bun burner 2500 km in 36 hours),
a SS2000K (Saddle sore 2000 km in 24 hours)
and a 4 Corners (visit 4 corners of Germany in a SS2000K).

Well, the roadcrafter and me really became friends on this ride. :thumbsup:
 
Great work Django. Good to see you in training for next year's event.

Gee, I like the look of the southern-most point.

It's good your new relationship is working out. :)
 
Good read and interesting four corner pictures.

I note your IBA number, you might be interested to read about a bloke here that does those rides his web site is Iron Butt Rides in Australia by Wombattle

If you read some of his posts you get an perspective of rides IBA dudes do here, check out the Trans Australian Insanity 10200km.

Regards

Glad your still posting although the CB1100 was moved on.
 
Back
Top