Took a ride today and stopped at the bikers place

CeeBeeMe_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
I did my 600 mile oil change today and took a ride around the neighborhood - 106 miles. Well, as I was going over the speed limit of 45 miles, I noticed on my left a lot of motorcycles parked in front of a place which looked like a bar/buffet.
That's a good idea, I thought, Why don't I just stop and park my bike there and maybe hear some nice compliments :). So I turned around and pulled over.

Well there were, ( I counted them later), more then fifty bikes parked there.
But all of them were Harleys and a lot of leather dressed guys.
No place to park, and as I went around the parking lot I had this feeling of being watched very intensely. Parked in a far away corner and dismounted.

There was a frozen yogurt place next to the bar and there were some available seats there. So I bought vanilla & chocolate and enjoyed it and counted the bikes.
Nobody bothered me, but I did not here any compliments either :)

I witnessed few very loud bikes as they were leaving. I finished my frozen yogurt and left, still having that strange feeling of having a lot of eyes staring in my direction... :)
 
I'm surprised that no one went over and looked at your bike... I get comments and compliments all the time from the Harley crowd. Most of the time they know all about the bike. Sometimes one will say 'Man that bike is clean...What year is it?'
When that happens, I love telling them that it's brand new. :D
 
Thread starter
ride4now_imp said:
I'm surprised that no one went over and looked at your bike... I get comments and compliments all the time from the Harley crowd. Most of the time they know all about the bike. Sometimes one will say 'Man that bike is clean...What year is it?'
When that happens, I love telling them that it's brand new. :D
That's what I was hoping to tell them but did not have a chance :D
All the riders had a very good time and were a nice crowd. I have no complains.
 
What was the name of the place?

I have not had your experience. Riders of almost every bike make have come up to me to talk about the CB at one point or another.
 
If they were an actual outlaw motorcycle gang, then no one will verbally compliment your Japanese motorcycle.

Just the way it is.
 
Lol..you are a brave one. I would avoid a place with 50 Harleys out front. Fishing for a compliment there would be akin to fishing in a parking lot in New York City,and expecting to land a world record largemouth bass.
 
Pterodactyl_imp said:
They reckon if you kick one of those Harleys over the rest follow. Like dominos, or cards. :)

Cheers
The police used to line their bikes up outside the station near where I lived as a young bloke. When I first learned about dominoes, I really wanted to try it on the police bikes. I thought about it lots and realised it would have to be a really sharp kick administered from the left-hand side.

It's probably just as well I never gave into that temptation.
 
Most Harley guys at one time or another have owned metrics. When you catch them alone there always eager to talk about bikes. I don't find them snobbish at all. Most are middle aged like a lot of us.
 
I always find that offering to buy a frozen yogurt for a guy in leather tends to be a great conversation starter...
 
Thread starter
EmptySea_imp said:
What was the name of the place?

I have not had your experience. Riders of almost every bike make have come up to me to talk about the CB at one point or another.
It was on Rt 72 around Gilberts, with something like "Cruisin" on the bilboard in front.
Anyway, don't get me wrong I did not have bad experience. They were sitting outside, some smoking cigars, relaxed and having fun. It was a beautiful day.

It was all in my head and felt a bit intimidated. Me alone ... and all these bikes... :)

I'm sure they liked my bike (Can't imagine who wouldn't :)), but maybe because I parked far away and did not sit close, nobody had a chance to ask any question.

Anyway, it was a great day, great ride and nice adventure...:)
 
72 is a nice ride west. I have not stopped at that particular place, but there are a lot of bike-friendly spots along the route.

I have felt the same way when riding up solo to a place with a large group of bikers already there and it's not always Harley riders...sometimes it's the sportbike riders. Most times, someone from the group will ask about my bike or otherwise attempt to break the ice. When that doesn't happen, it's a little off putting, but I figure that they're just wrapped up in their own conversations. In any case, I don't think the make of their (or your) bike had much to do with it.
 
We don't have any biker bars or Harley exclusive hangouts around here, but we have many bike nights and the Harley guys tend to all park together and somewhat ignore everyone else.
They are generally the first to leave as a group and make as much noise as possible with their straight pipes. This impresses no one.
20+ years ago there was a definite attitude of distain for anything but a Harley from those riders, but in the last few years I've noticed that often the Harley guys will be the first to wave at non-Harley bike riders. I always waved at them regardless of whether I received a wave back or not.
But were I to come upon a place with only Harley's parked I would probably wave (if the riders were outside) as I rode on by and found another place to stop.
It's only a personal preference, but I've never cared much for H-D and don't really have anything in common with their riders who are mostly wannabe's trying to look badass.
 
Back
Top