To do stock exhaust mod, that is the question?

I'm not sure on how I should vote. I've already done the drill mod, but I did it to hold me over until I can get an aftermarket exhaust. Since I'm planning on making the purchase anyway, what did I have to lose?
Regardless, I really like the sound of the stock exhaust after the mod. win-win
 
I'm keeping mine stock and totally quiet. And voted that way. :D
 
I am considering it, but have been waiting for a consensus on the optimal configuration. It seems to be leaning toward 6 equally spaced 3/8" holes forming a perfectly symmetrical circle.
Until I decide, I'll just have to rely on the 3k "rumble" when I want to be heard...

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
 
Im with the pogun man. I like my quiet lol
 
Drilled holes to hold me over until I buy an aftermarket exhaust. I'm tired of not being able to hear the bike over the wind.


Sent from an undisclosed location
 
I like a quiet bike also but the CB is too much so. Like Whiskey says, it would be nice to hear the motor over the wind noise.
 
I have an extra OEM MEGA-MEGA phone in case you botch it.

I threw my headers in the recycling. I really had 0 need since I got the RCSV...but for whatever reason I kept the can.
 
I'm not a fan of modifications that are not easily reversible should I ever want to return the bike to stock. On the flip-side, the factory exhaust provided little satisfaction to my ears (I went with an aftermarket option soon after taking delivery of my CB.) For those who feel the same I can understand the attraction to this low-cost fix.
 
I voted "yes" because I did this last year, only mine is one big hole right where the exhaust from the engine hits the end plate before it does a U-turn and goes back into the muffler, then out the stock pipe.
 
Glackie_imp said:
The quiet bunch rules.
Yeah, but only 21 out of around 2900 members voted. And I know that more than 11 members have changed their exhaust. Or thought about it. :)
 
I took it one step further and cut most of it out....I'm very happy with the result....but I bought a used one to experiment on and packed away my original should I ever want to go back.

I like the look and the sound.

Gut Factory Muffler
 
Back
Top