Tires?

bridgestones need air in them for one thing. put that on the correct rim width and put air in it. it will not look like that.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
If you're prepared to go up a size, many of us are running Michelin PR3s. They come in a 120 front and 160 rear. We seem to be able to get the 110 front in Australia, but I've been told the rear is no longer available.

I know two CB riders with Pirelli Angel GTs which also seem good and an improvement on the OEM tyres. They come with a 110 front and a 160 rear.

Bridgestone has just released a Battlax T31 radial wchich comes in the OEM sizes. I've not heard of anyone running them yet, but I'm sure there soon will be. I'll be tempted to try them if the PR3 is no longer available.
I installed a pair of T31's about two months ago. Have about 500+ miles on them. Tough for me to really quantify diffs between T31, PR3, and Pirelli GT, but my personal fav is still the PR3 (went thru 2 pair).
 
bflint_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
If you're prepared to go up a size, many of us are running Michelin PR3s. They come in a 120 front and 160 rear. We seem to be able to get the 110 front in Australia, but I've been told the rear is no longer available.

I know two CB riders with Pirelli Angel GTs which also seem good and an improvement on the OEM tyres. They come with a 110 front and a 160 rear.

Bridgestone has just released a Battlax T31 radial wchich comes in the OEM sizes. I've not heard of anyone running them yet, but I'm sure there soon will be. I'll be tempted to try them if the PR3 is no longer available.
I installed a pair of T31's about two months ago. Have about 500+ miles on them. Tough for me to really quantify diffs between T31, PR3, and Pirelli GT, but my personal fav is still the PR3 (went thru 2 pair).
I installed a pair of T31's about two months ago. Have about 500+ miles on them. Tough for me to really quantify diffs between T31, PR3, and Pirelli GT, but my personal fav is still the PR3 (went thru 2 pair). I have almost 4k miles on my new 2014 STD. The stock front tire is almost worn down to the wear bar on the center groove. The rest of the tire still looks great. Should l replace it now?
 
The law in Germany says yes, you have to.
Don't know the US law.

Some always are looking for safety while riding a motorbike. I have a different view concerning this topic.... I get more than double of the amount of km/mls out of the front tire Bridgestone BT54, though it doesn't seems to have any rubber on it right from the start in comparison to the rear one.

If you feel uncertain, go for a change! Or ride very cautios, especially more than you normally will do in wet and rainy weather. But there are no real preventing certainties while riding a motorbike, except the ones you have in your heard, in your controlcenter, if you're totally aware and awake out on the streets. Everything else comes after this.

Wisedrum
 
And life means grip.

So which comes first? :huh:
 
hehehe....

-------


or only sharp turn drive even if it goes straight out until the tires are too down on the sides....:P
 
and the difference is exactly?
 
DOT:
1. Tire-Tread Depth
Item and Method of Inspection:
Additional Inspection Procedure(s):
Inspect the tire tread to locate the area
where the depth is at its minimum.
Measure it at a major groove using a
suitable tread-depth gauge. Do not
measure tread depth on a wear bar. The
recorded tread depth must have been
measured at the minimum tread depth
location.

Reject if:

- tread depth is less than 2 mm = 5/64" at point
of minimum tread depth
 
Are any of you U.S.-based riders required to have your tires inspected? I've never heard of such a thing, though it'd probably be a good idea. We have no motorcycle inspection requirements in Colorado whatsoever. We don't even need to have mirrors or turn signals, legally.
 
peterbaron_imp said:
DOT:
1. Tire-Tread Depth
Item and Method of Inspection:
Additional Inspection Procedure(s):
Inspect the tire tread to locate the area
where the depth is at its minimum.
Measure it at a major groove using a
suitable tread-depth gauge. Do not
measure tread depth on a wear bar. The
recorded tread depth must have been
measured at the minimum tread depth
location.

Reject if:

- tread depth is less than 2 mm = 5/64" at point
of minimum tread depth
Thank you for this info. I will measure and report back. Tire still works like new, and l only ride in good weather conditions.
 
DBM_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
DOT:
1. Tire-Tread Depth
Item and Method of Inspection:
Additional Inspection Procedure(s):
Inspect the tire tread to locate the area
where the depth is at its minimum.
Measure it at a major groove using a
suitable tread-depth gauge. Do not
measure tread depth on a wear bar. The
recorded tread depth must have been
measured at the minimum tread depth
location.

Reject if:

- tread depth is less than 2 mm = 5/64" at point
of minimum tread depth
Thank you for this info. I will measure and report back. Tire still works like new, and l only ride in good weather conditions.
Beware: Good weather is hard on tires too :-/ . The sun UV eventually has its way inside the tread grooves and along the sidewalls by cracking the rubber. After a few years, inspect even lightly worn tire thread for this. A cracked tire at freeway speed in the dawg daze of summer is ... a bummer ... as it is more likely to fail.
 
Houtman_imp said:
After trying different tires I have settled on the Continental Trail Attack in the 150/70 size. On my 2013 I have the Trail Attack 2 but for the 2014 I ordered the Trail Attack 3 , they are 90/10 tires and I only use them on the road.
Only a few hundred miles ago I put a Metzeler Road Tec 8 on the rear but will replace it soon with the Continental Trail Attack 3.

The Continental gives ME more confidence than the Metzeler but MANY riders love the Metzeler , in the end it is what YOU like .
Hi Houtman, I need to replace my tires, looking for options and I saw that you recommended the TA3, it should be: rear 150/70 R18 correct? on the front I can't find the 110/80 R18, only R19 on line.
I am looking a good grip for the curves and also when is wet, is this one good? any other sugestion?
Many thanks!
What's the main difference between the Continental Road Attack and Trail attack tires?
 
The Continental Road Attack is pure road use and the Trail Attack is a 90/10 tire : 90 % road use and 10 % off road , not the best solutions for off road use.
The Trail Attack 3 is a very new tire in the USA and all sizes might not be available till March.
I love the Continental in the dry and wet , check out their website and they explain the technical aspects of the Trail Attack 3. I like the looks of the 150 width and they fit perfectly on our rims without distorting the profile of the tire.
 
Back
Top