af_one_imp
First service completed
Thread starter
What are the best performance tires for the CB1100?
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
No , I ordered the 150/70 , not cheap but a great tire and they look "beefier " than the stock 140. Will be available at the end of January from our local dealer MR in Asheville , I always use my local dealer for tires. $ 218 including tax but mounting is extra.gogoAZ_imp said:on the Conti TA3's, are you running stock sizes?
No problem at all going to the 150/70 , plenty of room .I do not want to go to 160 as I feel that it will distort the tires profile , yes many people have done this but the 150 is only one step up from the stock 140gogoAZ_imp said:Had TA2's on a previous bike. Great tires! Might have to try the TA3's when it's time to replace.
So going up 10mm width won't affect anything then? That would be great since it'll be easier to find sizes that way. I have not gone wider on a motorcycle tire before so want to make sure fit won't be an issue.
Very hard to find to find any true 'performance' tyres for this bike in Australia, hopefully easier in the USA. The Continental Road Attack 3 is a genuine sport tyre available in 110/80 and 150/65 to suit 18" rims which would be worth a look if you can get it. I fitted a sport/touring tyre, the [url=https://www.metzeler.com/en-uk/products/tyres/roadtec-z8-interact]Metzeler Z8 Interact, in the standard size 110/80 and 140/70. Dry grip is excellent, wet grip ... don't really know 'cos I slow down when it's wet, steering is neutral due to the round profile, very stable on our rough roads, wear seems OK although I've only traveled 6,000km and the rear is just starting to show signs of wear in the middle whilst the front looks almost new. For spirited riding these tyres give me a higher level of confidence than the OEM Dunlops did. I'd buy them again in a heart beat.af_one_imp said:What are the best performance tires for the CB1100?
jodytek_imp said:Just my biased opinion..,
#Bridgestone Tires!!!!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jodytek_imp said:Just my biased opinion..,
#Bridgestone Tires!!!!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk