Tires?

After trying different tires I have settled on the Continental Trail Attack in the 150/70 size. On my 2013 I have the Trail Attack 2 but for the 2014 I ordered the Trail Attack 3 , they are 90/10 tires and I only use them on the road.
Only a few hundred miles ago I put a Metzeler Road Tec 8 on the rear but will replace it soon with the Continental Trail Attack 3.

The Continental gives ME more confidence than the Metzeler but MANY riders love the Metzeler , in the end it is what YOU like .
 
gogoAZ_imp said:
on the Conti TA3's, are you running stock sizes?
No , I ordered the 150/70 , not cheap but a great tire and they look "beefier " than the stock 140. Will be available at the end of January from our local dealer MR in Asheville , I always use my local dealer for tires. $ 218 including tax but mounting is extra.
 
If you're prepared to go up a size, many of us are running Michelin PR3s. They come in a 120 front and 160 rear. We seem to be able to get the 110 front in Australia, but I've been told the rear is no longer available.

I know two CB riders with Pirelli Angel GTs which also seem good and an improvement on the OEM tyres. They come with a 110 front and a 160 rear.

Bridgestone has just released a Battlax T31 radial wchich comes in the OEM sizes. I've not heard of anyone running them yet, but I'm sure there soon will be. I'll be tempted to try them if the PR3 is no longer available.
 
Had TA2's on a previous bike. Great tires! Might have to try the TA3's when it's time to replace.

So going up 10mm width won't affect anything then? That would be great since it'll be easier to find sizes that way. I have not gone wider on a motorcycle tire before so want to make sure fit won't be an issue.
 
I went w/ Metzeller roadtec z8.
mainly b/c they're avail in stock 18" dia sizes, 110/80 & 140/70
& they're radial tires, 2 things I was looking for to match the OE dunlop d205.

I bought my tires locally, through AF-1 racing.
bccd3343c690e489610e024f3c7136fe.jpg

They opened up the parts unlimited catalog, ordered right out of there, and w/ purchase, they mount and balance for free while you wait. Plus, at that time, metzeller was giving a $60 rebate on purchase. :excited:

Bonus... when they finished, I saw right away that my bike got a free wash and quick detail. Then after I got home, I noticed that they adjusted my chain too.:clap:
 
LongRanger, you made me wonder. Bridgestone’s Australian site is totally useless unless you want to find car tyres, but I’m not sure the T31s are available here in the stock size either. Why on earth would they make them and not sell them in the US?

Edit: I think they are available in Australia.
 
Great question. Just this past Saturday, I asked my parts guy to inquire with the U.S. distributor and they confirmed the OE rear fitment T31 is not available. I can find them on U.K. websites but the shipping to the U.S. (or Oz) would be a bit much. For my next CB tire, I will try the bias-ply Avon AM26, which comes in a 140/70-18 rear. It's designed as a fitment upgrade for older bikes with narrow rims.
 
gogoAZ_imp said:
Had TA2's on a previous bike. Great tires! Might have to try the TA3's when it's time to replace.

So going up 10mm width won't affect anything then? That would be great since it'll be easier to find sizes that way. I have not gone wider on a motorcycle tire before so want to make sure fit won't be an issue.
No problem at all going to the 150/70 , plenty of room .I do not want to go to 160 as I feel that it will distort the tires profile , yes many people have done this but the 150 is only one step up from the stock 140
 
I could not find the Conti Road Attack 3 in 18 inch , therefor went with the Trail Attack 3 this one might even be better in the wet.
 
dunlop oem cupped bad and nothing special. me z8's now with 6k miles the front is toast. odd shaped sipes wear oddly. stand up and lean over and look at front tire going down the road and center two inches or so is clearly raised a good quarter inch. feel it turning in too. so far the pirelli sport demon is the best IMHO. I'm probably trying out avon road riders next. i want to try them all.
 
Which tires NOT to buy;
Checked these out on line, everything looked good, size18" .

Got a bad feeling when they arrived, can you guess what's wrong here?
9d33a01c48be8120d30b1f1fea64d416.jpg


and another angle;
2ca6f49b13854bc4201b0317c1ccd4bb.jpg


ay-jayjay caramba
150 mm. less circumference ( 10% ) measured with an official string line

So i'm glad i make a few mistakes from time to time, it means i am still trying.......

Houtman what happened? Hiccups? best wishes mate!
 
:huh:
Should be 140-70-18 OEM size...or as per John: 150/70/18, NOT 140/60/18..correct???
 
Back
Top