Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Not really any options available in tube type tires other than the OEM Dunlops.noah_imp said:Looking at purchasing a '17 EX and researching tire options. Other than the stock Bridgestones, what are y'all running on spoked rims?
Having a dealer that close is awesome. Are you also looking at the Bonneville Speedmaster as a possible next bike?noah_imp said:Yeah, I just got back from my local triumph dealer; (I can walk there; my Honda dealer is a bit of a drive). Triumph is putting tubeless tires on the Bobber from the factory as well. Good to know. I'll check that thread too; thanks.
Having a dealer that close is awesome. Are you also looking at the Bonneville Speedmaster as a possible next bike?Stichill_imp said:Having a dealer that close is awesome. Are you also looking at the Bonneville Speedmaster as a possible next bike?noah_imp said:Yeah, I just got back from my local triumph dealer; (I can walk there; my Honda dealer is a bit of a drive). Triumph is putting tubeless tires on the Bobber from the factory as well. Good to know. I'll check that thread too; thanks.

Great to hear...those are the exact tires I bought for my OUTEX wire wheels also...can’t wait to get them installed!Aussieflyer_imp said:I fitted tubeless Metzeler Z8 Interact in the original sizing to my spoked wheels. My wheels have had the Outex tubeless conversion done a couple of years ago. The Metzelers are a brilliant tyre in terms of grip for what they are - sport touring. Also they 'feel' quite neutral in corners being a round profile but I can't comment on durability as they've only done about 2,000km and showing no signs of wear yet.
Any thoughts regarding the tyres remaining seated on the rims at high speeds (> 75 mph / 120 kph) or under heavy cornering / braking loads?Aussieflyer_imp said:I fitted tubeless Metzeler Z8 Interact in the original sizing to my spoked wheels. My wheels have had the Outex tubeless conversion done a couple of years ago. The Metzelers are a brilliant tyre in terms of grip for what they are - sport touring. Also they 'feel' quite neutral in corners being a round profile but I can't comment on durability as they've only done about 2,000km and showing no signs of wear yet.
After a few hundred miles on my new Metzllers I can report the same. They are a improvement over the Dunlops. The bike handle and leans better.Aussieflyer_imp said:I fitted tubeless Metzeler Z8 Interact in the original sizing to my spoked wheels. My wheels have had the Outex tubeless conversion done a couple of years ago. The Metzelers are a brilliant tyre in terms of grip for what they are - sport touring. Also they 'feel' quite neutral in corners being a round profile but I can't comment on durability as they've only done about 2,000km and showing no signs of wear yet.
Any thoughts regarding the tyres remaining seated on the rims at high speeds (> 75 mph / 120 kph) or under heavy cornering / braking loads?Stichill_imp said:Any thoughts regarding the tyres remaining seated on the rims at high speeds (> 75 mph / 120 kph) or under heavy cornering / braking loads?Aussieflyer_imp said:I fitted tubeless Metzeler Z8 Interact in the original sizing to my spoked wheels. My wheels have had the Outex tubeless conversion done a couple of years ago. The Metzelers are a brilliant tyre in terms of grip for what they are - sport touring. Also they 'feel' quite neutral in corners being a round profile but I can't comment on durability as they've only done about 2,000km and showing no signs of wear yet.

After a few hundred miles on my new Metzllers I can report the same. They are a improvement over the Dunlops. The bike handle and leans better.BamaRider_imp said:After a few hundred miles on my new Metzllers I can report the same. They are a improvement over the Dunlops. The bike handle and leans better.Aussieflyer_imp said:I fitted tubeless Metzeler Z8 Interact in the original sizing to my spoked wheels. My wheels have had the Outex tubeless conversion done a couple of years ago. The Metzelers are a brilliant tyre in terms of grip for what they are - sport touring. Also they 'feel' quite neutral in corners being a round profile but I can't comment on durability as they've only done about 2,000km and showing no signs of wear yet.