Tire Question

Thread starter
Great advice. Thanks everyone.
Yes, they’re the original tires. Flynrider, I’m at 6,000 miles now. I thought that front tire wore down quickly. Glad to hear I’m not the only one with that experience. I’m ready to get it changed in time for our trip to Maggie Valley, NC over Memorial Day weekend!


2013 Honda CB1100
 
Well I guess the odd man out here. I have a 2014, but i hated the all blacked out rims, so I bought a set of 2013 rims and went with them. Everything is the same except the bearings in the rear. Anyway, I went with Pirelli Angel GTs Front and back. I went with 160/80 ZR 18 in front, and for the rear I used 110/60 ZR 18, if you ever ride a set of these you wont ever buy anything different. They are the most awesome rubber to hit the road in years. They will stay stuck no matter how abusive you get. I'm old school and was taught that you lean the bike when you corner and I use just about every cm of rubber there and do just that. There are some how ever whom like to be a little more gentle and enjoy riding on square tires I guess, I'm just not one of them. Good Luck, if you do decide to go Pirelli you will pay for what you get but what you get is well worth what you pay.
 
Tim, I just put Angel GTs on my ST. BUT, I put the big one on the rear and the small one on the front... :D
 
OK my screw up there, one of those days. Try this:
160/60 ZR 18 in the rear
110/80 ZR 18 in the front
I actually could go a tad bigger in the rear still, but you really have to look for the 18" tires. Hope that clears up my lack of proof reading. Thanks for the heads up on my screw up.
 
It's OK, Tim. We knew what you meant. Someone else here recently was putting on Angel GTs, but I haven't heard how he or she liked them.
 
I’m going to ask, how big can we go on the rear? I’ve been asked by PM but I really do not know. Any help here?
 
I wouldn’t want to go much bigger than 110/80.
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
I’m going to ask, how big can we go on the rear? I’ve been asked by PM but I really do not know. Any help here?
Cormanus_imp said:
I wouldn’t want to go much bigger than 110/80.
The rear Cormanus...the rear. :cool:
 
Thank you Randy. :( Where would I be, etc ...? I meant, of course, I wouldn't want to go bigger than 160/60.

Didn't I?
 
Cormanus_imp said:
Thank you Randy. :( Where would I be, etc ...? I meant, of course, I wouldn't want to go bigger than 160/60.

Didn't I?
You know you love me. :D :rofl: :hello: :celebrate: :thanks: :biker:
 
Somebody directed me to this thread when I asked about them in a separate thread, and I see now that the PR3's are basically not available in our size front tire. Is there any drawback to using the 120/70 version? Is there another good reccomendation besides the OEM Bridgestones?
 
misterprofessionality_imp said:
thanks red.

pusuant to Ferret's comment about upgrading to PR4's, then PR4 GT's later, what, specifically, does that upgrade improve for you? longevity?
redbirds_imp said:
PR 4's are not available for the CB. I think ferret was referring to tires for his ST1300.

I don't think I made that comment in this thread (Maybe Tin Boat Captain?), but I do run PR4GT's on my ST (and before that ran PR3s and PR2's and a set of Bridgestones originally)

I love the PR3's on my CB and still wish they made the 110 fronts, but I have a 120 front and a new 160 rear ready to go on right after the rally I'm thinking.
 
I am thinking this way for the next season:
Front: PR4GT 120-70-18
Rear: PR3 160-60-18
I already have above size in F & R and both are PR3, about 40Km, and should last entire, 2018 season.

pb
 
An alternative is the Pirelli Angel GTs which come in the 110 front and 160 rear. There are two or three people from the forum using them and the reports are good. They will be my next choice if the PR3s vanish from the shelves.

peterbaron, I'm on my third rear PR3. The first lasted 21,567 kms; the second 21,410. The first front lasted 25,099 and I'll replace the second soon. It's done 23,881 and hasn't got too much more in it.
 
I know I'm going to be the odd man out with tires on here but I went with Avon Trailriders front and back. Much more meaty tires. I was surprised that the 140/80/18 was a tight fit on the swing arm. There is not alot out there for 18 inch rims

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
 
gbpack89_imp said:
I know I'm going to be the odd man out with tires on here but I went with Avon Trailriders front and back. Much more meaty tires. I was surprised that the 140/80/18 was a tight fit on the swing arm. There is not alot out there for 18 inch rims

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Now that's an idea! I was planning to get something a bit knobbier for the next tire replacement, like a 90/10 tire and was even considering Heidenau K60 Scouts but apparently their 140/80-18 is even wider(6.14") than Avons(5.7"). Thanks for bringing up the subject:thumbsup:

I'd be very much interested to know your ride results. :thanks:
 
Back
Top