Tire pressure?

memphismike_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Have the Battle Ax tires on the bike. The info sticker on swing arm suggest 36/front 42/rear. Just checked my pressure. Looked like dealer probably put 30/front, 36/rear. What do you guys run in yours? I am right 200Lbs and never rude 2-up. Thanks


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I have the stock Dunlops and run 36/42. It is not uncommon for bike/car dealers or tire shops to put incorrect pressure in tires. Always check tire pressure yourself.
 
I run 36 and 42. As mentioned above, most shops seem to put in a generic spec, so I doubt what they put in is in anyway prescriptive of what you should run.
 
Thread starter
Thanks guys. I went ahead and topped it off to 36/42. Strangely they have not felt "soft" tho when riding.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I can't speak for everyone, but 2 PSI low and my bike handles badly. Seems to be sensitive to tire pressure. YMMV. Plus, tires wear much faster if not properly inflated.
 
Thread starter
For sure popgun. I can really feel tire pressure difference when on the GoldWing. Maybe I just have not been able to compare the CB1100 since it probably started out under inflated!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
I can't speak for everyone, but 2 PSI low and my bike handles badly. Seems to be sensitive to tire pressure. YMMV. Plus, tires wear much faster if not properly inflated.
Ditto. I left for a ride one very cold morning, and could tell within a couple of blocks that something wasn't quite kosher. The combination of cold temperatures and not having ridden the bike in a couple of weeks resulted in tire pressures that were 3-4 lbs. lower than usual, and it was really noticeable...very "squirmy" feeling.
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
I can't speak for everyone, but 2 PSI low and my bike handles badly. Seems to be sensitive to tire pressure. YMMV. Plus, tires wear much faster if not properly inflated.
I know what you mean. I can feel it too.





Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Papa, squirmy is exactly the feeling I get.
 
38-40 on my Griot gauge most of the time. +2 on front to retard cupping, -2 on rear to soften ride. Heck your tire gauge could be off 2#, how would you know? ( ..and pencil type guages are notoriously inaccurate). I have a $100 Griots and an $30 Accu-gauge, both supposedly guaranteed accurate within 1/4 pound, but they read 1# different. Which one is right?
 
Perhaps you should have 3 gauges and average the results?
 
Back
Top