Tire Mileage

GoldOxide_imp said:
Scotty_imp said:
Here's one (BT-54):
But, speaking of bias ply tires, has anyone (on their CB1100) tried the BT-45, or newer BT-46??
I would say the BT-54 was a good tire. Not much complaint. Maybe a bit more squirrely on tar snakes than would like - but still manageable.
LOL that looks like the handiwork of some of our local road crews
 
The ferret_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
Scotty_imp said:
Here's one (BT-54):
But, speaking of bias ply tires, has anyone (on their CB1100) tried the BT-45, or newer BT-46??
I would say the BT-54 was a good tire. Not much complaint. Maybe a bit more squirrely on tar snakes than would like - but still manageable.
LOL that looks like the handiwork of some of our local road crews
LOL that looks like the handiwork of some of our local road crews
Heh, yeah. Hard to believe they would bother doing that versus new pavement. Even a cage under slippery conditions might be challenged on the curves.
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
Scotty_imp said:
Here's one (BT-54):
But, speaking of bias ply tires, has anyone (on their CB1100) tried the BT-45, or newer BT-46??
I would say the BT-54 was a good tire. Not much complaint. Maybe a bit more squirrely on tar snakes than would like - but still manageable.
LOL that looks like the handiwork of some of our local road crews
LOL that looks like the handiwork of some of our local road crews
Heh, yeah. Hard to believe they would bother doing that versus new pavement. Even a cage under slippery conditions might be challenged on the curves.
LOL that looks like the handiwork of some of our local road crews
Heh, yeah. Hard to believe they would bother doing that versus new pavement. Even a cage under slippery conditions might be challenged on the curves. You guys get tar snakes?? Wow lucky, in NY they just leave the meteor craters in middle of the lane

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
 
Billie_imp said:
New to the Honda world with my 2014 CB1100. Loving the bike.

Bike has a little over 4,500 mi on the clock, tread on back pretty good, front getting down there, swapping out tires mainly because they're 8 yrs old, doing it for piece of mind.

I also ride Harleys, normal mileage on a front tire is 18 - 20,000 mi, back on a Dyna you'd get around 9,000, on a touring bike 18,000 give or take.

Going with the Battlax tires, what kind of mileage can I expect out of these?
Have you found BattleAx tires in OEM size? They are backordered everywhere I've looked.
 
Charlie Bravo_imp said:
Billie_imp said:
New to the Honda world with my 2014 CB1100. Loving the bike.

Bike has a little over 4,500 mi on the clock, tread on back pretty good, front getting down there, swapping out tires mainly because they're 8 yrs old, doing it for piece of mind.

I also ride Harleys, normal mileage on a front tire is 18 - 20,000 mi, back on a Dyna you'd get around 9,000, on a touring bike 18,000 give or take.

Going with the Battlax tires, what kind of mileage can I expect out of these?
Have you found BattleAx tires in OEM size? They are backordered everywhere I've looked.
Have you found BattleAx tires in OEM size? They are backordered everywhere I've looked. Did you try these?
140/70-18 Tires | ChapMoto.com
https://www.bikebandit.com/tires-tubes/140-70-18-motorcycle-tires/t11h6bf0
 
Back
Top