Tire Mileage

Billie_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
New to the Honda world with my 2014 CB1100. Loving the bike.

Bike has a little over 4,500 mi on the clock, tread on back pretty good, front getting down there, swapping out tires mainly because they're 8 yrs old, doing it for piece of mind.

I also ride Harleys, normal mileage on a front tire is 18 - 20,000 mi, back on a Dyna you'd get around 9,000, on a touring bike 18,000 give or take.

Going with the Battlax tires, what kind of mileage can I expect out of these?
 
Billie_imp said:
New to the Honda world with my 2014 CB1100. Loving the bike.

Bike has a little over 4,500 mi on the clock, tread on back pretty good, front getting down there, swapping out tires mainly because they're 8 yrs old, doing it for piece of mind.

I also ride Harleys, normal mileage on a front tire is 18 - 20,000 mi, back on a Dyna you'd get around 9,000, on a touring bike 18,000 give or take.

Going with the Battlax tires, what kind of mileage can I expect out of these?
I pushed it at 15k (ish) if I remember correctly. That was a ton of highway miles but plenty of hard cornering also. My front tire was cupping very badly by then though. It took me longer than it should have to notice it.

Those battlax are nice tires though. I broke the feeler gauge off my pegs more than once. Felt very confident that low and never had the tires lose traction in the corners.

I believe 10k is not an issue at all.

** also welcome to the forum Billie

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
Thanks, saw your reply in my other thread that i kind of forgot about.

These Battlax will be right around $350 plus $60 to mount them, don't think $410 is to bad for some new skin on the road.
 
Billie_imp said:
Thanks, saw your reply in my other thread that i kind of forgot about.

These Battlax will be right around $350 plus $60 to mount them, don't think $410 is to bad for some new skin on the road.
Are those dealer prices? Sounds a little high.

I get most of my tires from bikebandit.com and I usually have them in 3 days with regular shipping. (I'm in NY)

** just checked they're about 120$ per tire on bikebandit

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
mvk24_imp said:
Billie_imp said:
Thanks, saw your reply in my other thread that i kind of forgot about.

These Battlax will be right around $350 plus $60 to mount them, don't think $410 is to bad for some new skin on the road.
Are those dealer prices? Sounds a little high.

I get most of my tires from bikebandit.com and I usually have them in 3 days with regular shipping. (I'm in NY)

** just checked they're about 120$ per tire on bikebandit

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
Are those dealer prices? Sounds a little high.

I get most of my tires from bikebandit.com and I usually have them in 3 days with regular shipping. (I'm in NY)

** just checked they're about 120$ per tire on bikebandit

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
One quote is from a dealer, the other from an independent shop. Will check that out.
Checked that site but didn't see any Battlax that matched up exactly with what's on the bike.

On the bike now
Front - MC 58V 110/80R18 54F
Back -MC 67V 140/70R18 54R

Am going out to garage now to double check the numbers.
 
mvk24_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
(+1) Battlax on the CB1100 and CRF1000.
Did you go with the BT54 on the africa also or those battlax dual sports?

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
Did you go with the BT54 on the africa also or those battlax dual sports?

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
Battlax A41 on road tire. No complaints. Really enjoying them. When they go, I will likely consider other exciting offerings.
 
Thread starter
The Bridgestone Battlax that I saw on the site were BT 45, tires on my bike are BT 54, not sure what the difference is.
Saw the front 110/80R18 but not the back which is 140/70R18, maybe I missed it?
The front tire size are on back order.
 
Billie_imp said:
The Bridgestone Battlax that I saw on the site were BT 45, tires on my bike are BT 54, not sure what the difference is.
Saw the front 110/80R18 but not the back which is 140/70R18, maybe I missed it?
The front tire size are on back order.
Its funny you say that cause I always confuse BT45 and BT54 thinking I get the numbers backwards but I guess there are actually 2 different models? Whichever ones are factory are the ones I had.

Dare I say that the 45 was factory and discontinued and the 54 was the successor?


Its definitely cheaper to get tires yourself and then pay a shop to mount them.

Even cheaper if you put the bike on the center stand and take both wheels off. The shop charges less if they don't have to take the wheels on and off the bike themselves.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
GoldOxide_imp said:
mvk24_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
(+1) Battlax on the CB1100 and CRF1000.
Did you go with the BT54 on the africa also or those battlax dual sports?

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
Did you go with the BT54 on the africa also or those battlax dual sports?

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
Battlax A41 on road tire. No complaints. Really enjoying them. When they go, I will likely consider other exciting offerings.
Did you go with the BT54 on the africa also or those battlax dual sports?

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
Battlax A41 on road tire. No complaints. Really enjoying them. When they go, I will likely consider other exciting offerings. Yes I discovered there are 3 or 4 scrambler/adventure/dual sport tire options for our bike now when I was ordering the Metzlers.

I was going to do the Dalton highway last season and was going to have the scrambler tires shipped to the shop in fairbanks to put on when I got to Alaska. Still want an excuse to try those tires! (Not that our suspension supports much offroad but "scrambler" is a safe category to aim for)

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
 
Around $250 for the set from Chaparral Motorsports.
Search Results for bt-54 | ChapMoto.com

mvk24_imp said:
Billie_imp said:
The Bridgestone Battlax that I saw on the site were BT 45, tires on my bike are BT 54, not sure what the difference is.
Saw the front 110/80R18 but not the back which is 140/70R18, maybe I missed it?
The front tire size are on back order.
Its funny you say that cause I always confuse BT45 and BT54 thinking I get the numbers backwards but I guess there are actually 2 different models? Whichever ones are factory are the ones I had.

Dare I say that the 45 was factory and discontinued and the 54 was the successor?


Its definitely cheaper to get tires yourself and then pay a shop to mount them.

Even cheaper if you put the bike on the center stand and take both wheels off. The shop charges less if they don't have to take the wheels on and off the bike themselves.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
GoldOxide_imp said:
mvk24_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
(+1) Battlax on the CB1100 and CRF1000.
Did you go with the BT54 on the africa also or those battlax dual sports?

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
Did you go with the BT54 on the africa also or those battlax dual sports?

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
Battlax A41 on road tire. No complaints. Really enjoying them. When they go, I will likely consider other exciting offerings.
Did you go with the BT54 on the africa also or those battlax dual sports?

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
Battlax A41 on road tire. No complaints. Really enjoying them. When they go, I will likely consider other exciting offerings. Yes I discovered there are 3 or 4 scrambler/adventure/dual sport tire options for our bike now when I was ordering the Metzlers.

I was going to do the Dalton highway last season and was going to have the scrambler tires shipped to the shop in fairbanks to put on when I got to Alaska. Still want an excuse to try those tires! (Not that our suspension supports much offroad but "scrambler" is a safe category to aim for)

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
Nope. The BT-45's are bias ply and the BT-54's are radials.
 
Randy B_imp said:
Around $250 for the set from Chaparral Motorsports.
Search Results for bt-54 | ChapMoto.com

mvk24_imp said:
Billie_imp said:
The Bridgestone Battlax that I saw on the site were BT 45, tires on my bike are BT 54, not sure what the difference is.
Saw the front 110/80R18 but not the back which is 140/70R18, maybe I missed it?
The front tire size are on back order.
Its funny you say that cause I always confuse BT45 and BT54 thinking I get the numbers backwards but I guess there are actually 2 different models? Whichever ones are factory are the ones I had.

Dare I say that the 45 was factory and discontinued and the 54 was the successor?


Its definitely cheaper to get tires yourself and then pay a shop to mount them.

Even cheaper if you put the bike on the center stand and take both wheels off. The shop charges less if they don't have to take the wheels on and off the bike themselves.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
GoldOxide_imp said:
mvk24_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
(+1) Battlax on the CB1100 and CRF1000.
Did you go with the BT54 on the africa also or those battlax dual sports?

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
Did you go with the BT54 on the africa also or those battlax dual sports?

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
Battlax A41 on road tire. No complaints. Really enjoying them. When they go, I will likely consider other exciting offerings.
Did you go with the BT54 on the africa also or those battlax dual sports?

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
Battlax A41 on road tire. No complaints. Really enjoying them. When they go, I will likely consider other exciting offerings. Yes I discovered there are 3 or 4 scrambler/adventure/dual sport tire options for our bike now when I was ordering the Metzlers.

I was going to do the Dalton highway last season and was going to have the scrambler tires shipped to the shop in fairbanks to put on when I got to Alaska. Still want an excuse to try those tires! (Not that our suspension supports much offroad but "scrambler" is a safe category to aim for)

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
Nope. The BT-45's are bias ply and the BT-54's are radials.
Nope. The BT-45's are bias ply and the BT-54's are radials. Interesting! Do you know which was the factory tire for the CB? Now i can't remember between them.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
 
Mine has dunlops and with 1800 miles and it being a decoration for and old dudes home i doubt they have been swaped even oem wheel weight as far as i can tell
 
7a0fb1b7c6774af7e2e9ae8c6e152aeb.jpg


as i was browsing my new service manual
 
Thread starter
mvk24_imp said:
Randy B_imp said:
Around $250 for the set from Chaparral Motorsports.
Search Results for bt-54 | ChapMoto.com

mvk24_imp said:
Billie_imp said:
The Bridgestone Battlax that I saw on the site were BT 45, tires on my bike are BT 54, not sure what the difference is.
Saw the front 110/80R18 but not the back which is 140/70R18, maybe I missed it?
The front tire size are on back order.
Its funny you say that cause I always confuse BT45 and BT54 thinking I get the numbers backwards but I guess there are actually 2 different models? Whichever ones are factory are the ones I had.

Dare I say that the 45 was factory and discontinued and the 54 was the successor?


Its definitely cheaper to get tires yourself and then pay a shop to mount them.

Even cheaper if you put the bike on the center stand and take both wheels off. The shop charges less if they don't have to take the wheels on and off the bike themselves.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
GoldOxide_imp said:
mvk24_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
(+1) Battlax on the CB1100 and CRF1000.
Did you go with the BT54 on the africa also or those battlax dual sports?

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
Did you go with the BT54 on the africa also or those battlax dual sports?

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
Battlax A41 on road tire. No complaints. Really enjoying them. When they go, I will likely consider other exciting offerings.
Did you go with the BT54 on the africa also or those battlax dual sports?

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
Battlax A41 on road tire. No complaints. Really enjoying them. When they go, I will likely consider other exciting offerings. Yes I discovered there are 3 or 4 scrambler/adventure/dual sport tire options for our bike now when I was ordering the Metzlers.

I was going to do the Dalton highway last season and was going to have the scrambler tires shipped to the shop in fairbanks to put on when I got to Alaska. Still want an excuse to try those tires! (Not that our suspension supports much offroad but "scrambler" is a safe category to aim for)

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
Nope. The BT-45's are bias ply and the BT-54's are radials.
Nope. The BT-45's are bias ply and the BT-54's are radials. Interesting! Do you know which was the factory tire for the CB? Now i can't remember between them.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
Nope. The BT-45's are bias ply and the BT-54's are radials. Interesting! Do you know which was the factory tire for the CB? Now i can't remember between them.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
Stock tires on my CB are the BT-54's
 
cj599_imp said:
7a0fb1b7c6774af7e2e9ae8c6e152aeb.jpg


as i was browsing my new service manual
Nice thanks for clearing that up!

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
Billie_imp said:
mvk24_imp said:
Randy B_imp said:
Around $250 for the set from Chaparral Motorsports.
Search Results for bt-54 | ChapMoto.com

mvk24_imp said:
Billie_imp said:
The Bridgestone Battlax that I saw on the site were BT 45, tires on my bike are BT 54, not sure what the difference is.
Saw the front 110/80R18 but not the back which is 140/70R18, maybe I missed it?
The front tire size are on back order.
Its funny you say that cause I always confuse BT45 and BT54 thinking I get the numbers backwards but I guess there are actually 2 different models? Whichever ones are factory are the ones I had.

Dare I say that the 45 was factory and discontinued and the 54 was the successor?


Its definitely cheaper to get tires yourself and then pay a shop to mount them.

Even cheaper if you put the bike on the center stand and take both wheels off. The shop charges less if they don't have to take the wheels on and off the bike themselves.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
GoldOxide_imp said:
mvk24_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
(+1) Battlax on the CB1100 and CRF1000.
Did you go with the BT54 on the africa also or those battlax dual sports?

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
Did you go with the BT54 on the africa also or those battlax dual sports?

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
Battlax A41 on road tire. No complaints. Really enjoying them. When they go, I will likely consider other exciting offerings.
Did you go with the BT54 on the africa also or those battlax dual sports?

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
Battlax A41 on road tire. No complaints. Really enjoying them. When they go, I will likely consider other exciting offerings. Yes I discovered there are 3 or 4 scrambler/adventure/dual sport tire options for our bike now when I was ordering the Metzlers.

I was going to do the Dalton highway last season and was going to have the scrambler tires shipped to the shop in fairbanks to put on when I got to Alaska. Still want an excuse to try those tires! (Not that our suspension supports much offroad but "scrambler" is a safe category to aim for)

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
Nope. The BT-45's are bias ply and the BT-54's are radials.
Nope. The BT-45's are bias ply and the BT-54's are radials. Interesting! Do you know which was the factory tire for the CB? Now i can't remember between them.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
Nope. The BT-45's are bias ply and the BT-54's are radials. Interesting! Do you know which was the factory tire for the CB? Now i can't remember between them.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
Stock tires on my CB are the BT-54's
Nope. The BT-45's are bias ply and the BT-54's are radials. Interesting! Do you know which was the factory tire for the CB? Now i can't remember between them.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
Stock tires on my CB are the BT-54's Okay cool mine were also! I honestly might go back to them if these metzlers don't wow me. I liked the stock tires alot.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
 
Scotty_imp said:
Here's one (BT-54):
But, speaking of bias ply tires, has anyone (on their CB1100) tried the BT-45, or newer BT-46??
I would say the BT-54 was a good tire. Not much complaint. Maybe a bit more squirrely on tar snakes than would like - but still manageable.

 
Yes. I ran a couple of sets of BT45s. They were OK.
 
Back
Top