Tire mileage

sanoke_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Anyone changed out a tire yet? Just curious what kind of mileage I can expect on the OEM Bridgestones.
 
RandyB has over 12,000 on his so far. I'm at 6700 on my Dunlop. It will never see 12,000.
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
RandyB has over 12,000 on his so far. I'm at 6700 on my Dunlop. It will never see 12,000.
Is that with the Bridgestones? I assume so because like you suggest, I've never seen that on any Dunlops I've run.
 
Yes, Randy's CB came with the Bridgestones which I'll be trying next.
 
I did my front at 9,000 but I'm still on my original rear. Bridgestones.
 
Probably nobody has them " in stock" at this point since it's not a common size, but dealers could order them from Honda. If you are getting close, you might get a set on order. I posted a price from an acc company here in Cinti called Sportour ( sportour.com) which quoted me a good price but they won't be available after market until sometime in December. Mine will make it through until spring, so i will pick up a set from sporttour then.
 
Thread starter
Randy B_imp said:
I did my front at 9,000 but I'm still on my original rear. Bridgestones.
That's interesting. Was there a problem with the front tire? My experience on other bikes has been that I get much better mileage on the front than on the back.
 
sanoke_imp said:
Randy B_imp said:
I did my front at 9,000 but I'm still on my original rear. Bridgestones.
That's interesting. Was there a problem with the front tire? My experience on other bikes has been that I get much better mileage on the front than on the back.
That's interesting. Was there a problem with the front tire? My experience on other bikes has been that I get much better mileage on the front than on the back.
Same here, but it looks like my bike is doing something similar: the front is wearing as fast as the rear. That's never happened on any other bike I've owned before. The only reason I can think of is that Bridgestone made the compound soft enough on the front to make it wear evenly with the rear.
 
I think is has much more to do with the tread depth than anything else. If you take a good look at these tires the rear tire has MUCH deeper tread than the front does... I'd say at least 4 times as much. This is why I think the front is wearing comparably to the rear, or in my case faster than the rear.
 
Thread starter
Randy B_imp said:
I think is has much more to do with the tread depth than anything else. If you take a good look at these tires the rear tire has MUCH deeper tread than the front does... I'd say at least 4 times as much. This is why I think the front is wearing comparably to the rear, or in my case faster than the rear.
Yes, I did notice that. That explains it. Thanks!
 
The tires I had so far had approx. double tread depth on the rear tire compared to the front tire.
4 times more is really much! Let's see how long my Dunlop rubbers will run...
 
Back
Top