Django
Road warrior
I moved from Alpinestars to Daytona. Quality is better. My last Alpinestars lasted only 2 years, then the zipper was broken. 
FREY datona Motorradstiefel Eggenfelden

FREY datona Motorradstiefel Eggenfelden
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

I fully agree with motorcycle boots for riding a motorcycle , love my Daytona boots.Ulvetanna_imp said:Get something with a tough toe and heel box and seriously good armor for malleolus (ankle bone) protection. Bones get brittle with age. Motorcycle boots for motorcycles. Alpinestars, Daytona, Sidi, or the like.
I've never had proper riding boots, so I went to Cycle Gear to see what's available last night after work. What really caught my eye were the boots with what amounts to ankle armor.Ulvetanna_imp said:Get something with a tough toe and heel box and seriously good armor for malleolus (ankle bone) protection. Bones get brittle with age. Motorcycle boots for motorcycles. Alpinestars, Daytona, Sidi, or the like.
I've never had proper riding boots, so I went to Cycle Gear to see what's available last night after work. What really caught my eye were the boots with what amounts to ankle armor.egleaves_imp said:I've never had proper riding boots, so I went to Cycle Gear to see what's available last night after work. What really caught my eye were the boots with what amounts to ankle armor.Ulvetanna_imp said:Get something with a tough toe and heel box and seriously good armor for malleolus (ankle bone) protection. Bones get brittle with age. Motorcycle boots for motorcycles. Alpinestars, Daytona, Sidi, or the like.
The girl helping me navigate the footwear department told me of a incident where she was a passenger on a Harley when it went down and the bike wound up pinning her foot to the ground. Her boots had complete protection around the heel and ankle that saved her ankle/foot from being crushed.
Enough said. I'm getting ankle armor.

They beat wearing gymmers, or those flimsy looking motorcycle specific boots that look like gymmers.Banned_imp said:Thanks Ferret but I would warn anyone looking to use this style of boot for motorcycling as they offer no protection and are quite flimsily made.
They aren't suitable for military operations either, at least not the kind I did. I was issued 5.11 desert boots for my last tour to Afghanistan - I tried them on and promptly threw them in a closet and got a pair of desert Lowas. I could feel every rock through the bottoms.
They are quite comfy for normal desk type jobs in the Army but that's it.