Ticking Pinging sound

Maurice_imp

New to the forum
Thread starter
I recently bought a 2013 CB 1100 new from the local Honda dealer
After riding it a while I noticed a loud ticking /pinging sound while accelerating.
The dealer contacted Honda and they said they wont do anything about it under the new warranty. That is very disappointing. The local dealer is now checking the valves.
have any of you experienced this. The bike has been sitting in the shop for almost 2 years before I bought it
 
Kevbroce is right, sorry. 86 is the lowest recomended octane. That's funny, My old CB750F is 91, my Accord is 91, my FZ09 is 91, my Nissan NV200 is 91, I got mixed up with this bike.
 
AndyHe_imp said:
You might want to move this to the Mechanical section. Welcome though.
Agreed and moved.

Maurice, welcome to the forum. You might want to create an actual separate introduction post/thread in the New Members section.

kevbroce_imp said:
The EFI does that clicking sound. You'll only hear it when you roll on the throttle, totally normal.
There is a good chance that this is what you're hearing. This sound is pretty noticeable and as kevbroce mentioned, most notable during throttle roll on from low speeds (at lower speeds, there is less overall noise making the sound more noticeable).
 
I took my bike out and played with it today. Under accel under various conditions, all I heard was injector clicking. And wind :)
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
I took my bike out and played with it today. Under accel under various conditions, all I heard was injector clicking. And wind :)
If you can hear wind, mate, you might want to review your diet. :D
 
Ya know, I try to word my posts so its not too easy for Cormanus, but again, I failed :)
 
I always wear foam ear plugs. Don't hear all that much. Can't recall every hearing injectors (not sure I'd know what the sound was if I did hear it).

So, do you wear hearing protection?
 
On the road, yeah. Riding to my friends house. Nope.
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Ya know, I try to word my posts so its not too easy for Cormanus, but again, I failed :)
LOL
 
kevbroce_imp said:
The EFI does that clicking sound. You'll only hear it when you roll on the throttle, totally normal.
Hi i am having sort of that same noise.
Please check the link i uploaded on youtube.

It's comming off the last cylinder head or spark.
I tried removing the last coil and troubleshooting the ping as seen in this next video too. Notice this weird sound at 10seconds. maybe a faulty injector?

 
Rboe_imp said:
I always wear foam ear plugs. Don't hear all that much. Can't recall every hearing injectors (not sure I'd know what the sound was if I did hear it).

So, do you wear hearing protection?

me too

or

What I do not know (hear) will not hurt me :thumbsup: :P
 
Back
Top