Throttle lock

CBXBob_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Always used Super Vista Cruise Controls, but have a KAOKO on my F6B because the Super Vista would not fit, and it works great. So now torn between the two. I think the Super Vista will look good style wise but need a little modification to fit.
 
Thread starter
Tried one on my F6B also. Worked fair, but seemed inconsistent at times and didn't hold as well as the Vista I had on other bikes. In terms of holding the KAOKO IS THE BEST. Just balancing looks, function price.
 
CBXBob_imp said:
Tried one on my F6B also. Worked fair, but seemed inconsistent at times and didn't hold as well as the Vista I had on other bikes. In terms of holding the KAOKO IS THE BEST. Just balancing looks, function price.
I just use the cheap crampbuster thing

ac4551083a852645fb24560ed1d17a22.jpg


cheap but it works
 
I put one of the Vista Cruise locks on the CB750 and it works great.

b70939b47b38b6ceae467aa9ec873a0b.png


Supposedly, it fits most dual cable Hondas. I tried swapping it over to the CB1100 and it doesn't look like it'll work. There is a tab that sits between the two throttle cables and keeps the unit from moving. Unfortunately, the CB750's cables exit below the brake lever and the CB1100's exit above the lever. When the Vista Cruise is fitted to the CB1100, the thumb lever ends up under the handlebar, out of reach to all but the longest of thumbs.

Anybody found a Vista Cruise that'll fit the CB1100?
 
Ole_imp said:
CBXBob_imp said:
Tried one on my F6B also. Worked fair, but seemed inconsistent at times and didn't hold as well as the Vista I had on other bikes. In terms of holding the KAOKO IS THE BEST. Just balancing looks, function price.
I just use the cheap crampbuster thing

ac4551083a852645fb24560ed1d17a22.jpg


cheap but it works
I just use the cheap crampbuster thing

344ca55be50aaa85d32018dc5f36a217.jpg


cheap but it works
+1 on the cramp buster.
 
CBXBob_imp said:
Tried one on my F6B also. Worked fair, but seemed inconsistent at times and didn't hold as well as the Vista I had on other bikes. In terms of holding the KAOKO IS THE BEST. Just balancing looks, function price.
I had the Kaoko on my VStrom and also thought it's a superb device. It's great for both throttle lock and throttle friction. It's a quality part that looks OEM and is well worth the money.

I've been planning to get one for my bike. Is Kaoko selling one specifically for the CB? I know they have a variety of sizes to fit various handlebar sizes etc. Which one did you get?
 
Here is what guys over on the ST forum ( same cable arrangement as CB 1100) have done to use the Vista cruise..now some have anchored with screw, some with glue and some with velcro. This fellow happened to use a screw.

http://www.st-owners.com/forums/showthread.php?8694-Vista-Cruise-Throttle-Lock

If you google "Vista Cruise for ST 1300" all of the methods they have used will pop up.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Here is what guys over on the ST forum ( same cable arrangement as CB 1100) have done to use the Vista cruise..now some have anchored with screw, some with glue and some with velcro. This fellow happened to use a screw.

http://www.st-owners.com/forums/showthread.php?8694-Vista-Cruise-Throttle-Lock

If you google "Vista Cruise for ST 1300" all of the methods they have used will pop up.
I have a 2012 ST1300 with the brakeaway cruise control I lov it looks neat and works great the front brake lever releases it or you can touch it with your thumb! Got mine on eBay. I will take mine off of my ST1300 and try it and let y'all know if it works & fits! It's the best hands down. Kinda pricey but well worth it
Michael
 
These devices seem inherently dangerous as motorcycles should be ridden with a feathered input on the throttle, controlled by the users wrist.

Cruise control I have on my car, and find at best stressful on British motorways in daylight hours. I'm sure it's great at night on deserted motorways. Or is it? I'd probably fall asleep and crash headlong into a concrete bridge stantion.

Bikes I believe should be ridden without 'aids' or gadgets. Just get on and enjoy it.
 
Ridem32_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Here is what guys over on the ST forum ( same cable arrangement as CB 1100) have done to use the Vista cruise..now some have anchored with screw, some with glue and some with velcro. This fellow happened to use a screw.

http://www.st-owners.com/forums/showthread.php?8694-Vista-Cruise-Throttle-Lock

If you google "Vista Cruise for ST 1300" all of the methods they have used will pop up.
I have a 2012 ST1300 with the brakeaway cruise control I lov it looks neat and works great the front brake lever releases it or you can touch it with your thumb! Got mine on eBay. I will take mine off of my ST1300 and try it and let y'all know if it works & fits! It's the best hands down. Kinda pricey but well worth it
Michael
I have a 2012 ST1300 with the brakeaway cruise control I lov it looks neat and works great the front brake lever releases it or you can touch it with your thumb! Got mine on eBay. I will take mine off of my ST1300 and try it and let y'all know if it works & fits! It's the best hands down. Kinda pricey but well worth it
Michael
The BrakeAway looks sweet. Look forward to hearing of your progress on the CB. Thank you.
 
Ridem32_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Here is what guys over on the ST forum ( same cable arrangement as CB 1100) have done to use the Vista cruise..now some have anchored with screw, some with glue and some with velcro. This fellow happened to use a screw.

http://www.st-owners.com/forums/showthread.php?8694-Vista-Cruise-Throttle-Lock

If you google "Vista Cruise for ST 1300" all of the methods they have used will pop up.
I have a 2012 ST1300 with the brakeaway cruise control I lov it looks neat and works great the front brake lever releases it or you can touch it with your thumb! Got mine on eBay. I will take mine off of my ST1300 and try it and let y'all know if it works & fits! It's the best hands down. Kinda pricey but well worth it
Michael
I have a 2012 ST1300 with the brakeaway cruise control I lov it looks neat and works great the front brake lever releases it or you can touch it with your thumb! Got mine on eBay. I will take mine off of my ST1300 and try it and let y'all know if it works & fits! It's the best hands down. Kinda pricey but well worth it
Michael
I had one on my ST they work great. Let me know if it fits on the CB and if there's any restriction of the throttle spring.
 
Yea they are the best! They are hard to mount and get adj but once you get them mounted. & adjust they work great and look great. I might call them tomorrow and ask them if it will work before I take it off and try it. If they say they don't know I will swap it to my cb and see for myself. If it works I will have to buy another for the ST because I will leave it on the cb if it fits
Michael


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Ridem32_imp said:
Yea they are the best! They are hard to mount and get adj but once you get them mounted. & adjust they work great and look great. I might call them tomorrow and ask them if it will work before I take it off and try it. If they say they don't know I will swap it to my cb and see for myself. If it works I will have to buy another for the ST because I will leave it on the cb if it fits
Michael


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Michael, thank you that would save me the purchase and return if it does not fit.
Note: its takes patients to get the linkage to relax. I had to bend the L bracket that attaches to the brake lever than all was well.
 
I did not have to bend anything just takes time to get everything just rite and then you have to get the front brake lever to hit that cam to cut off cruise with brake lever. That part I lov tap the front brake and it releases or push the thumb button.
Michael


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Ok I took the brakeaway off of my ST1300 put it on my CB1100 deluxe works like a dream! Let me say this if you buy one they are the best but can be tricky to get adj so don't give up just barley move the adj points I will post pics and video
Michael


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
eee7b040a5a47955085e3c9d071a7f39.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ea57900e87cd07f2a99f342a6077fc39.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
48126d6df971b440563a722b7edfca93.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
7ea54444da9bf695d91d3ae3f3496770.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2c14d1ec0de115f5f2284039f6e2c4bc.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is a YouTube but I had phone turned wrong so it's narrow lol but you can still see it
Michael


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top