Three hundred miles of peace. quiet, and cold.

Inhouse Bob

Road warrior
Thread starter
Actually, I rode 280 miles this morning, up to Skyline Drive and through a lot of the Shenandoah Valley and environs. Nice ride with only the mountaintop cold to challenge my serenity. Froze my butt up there! A couple of photos...

[url=http://s1331.photobucket.com/user/inhousebob/media/DSCN3286_zpsjfoqbmud.jpg.html]
[url=http://s1331.photobucket.com/user/inhousebob/media/DSCN3287_zps1rnkqhfl.jpg.html]
Photography isn't my thing, so the beauty is lost in the lens flare and such. But it was a beautiful day!
 
Gorgeous! you should have rang up 4Paws. He lives right there somewhere
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
Gorgeous! you should have rang up 4Paws. He lives right there somewhere
He's at the other end of the state or I would have. It's a long parkway :-)
 
Nice ride. Nothing like a peaceful solo to appreciate the often neglected beauty that surrounds us. Your photos are ok. I like that first one. Must have used a fill-in flash by the look of your front fork reflector. Keep them coming.

Cheers
 
Thread starter
Pterodactyl_imp said:
Nice ride. Nothing like a peaceful solo to appreciate the often neglected beauty that surrounds us. Your photos are ok. I like that first one. Must have used a fill-in flash by the look of your front fork reflector. Keep them coming.

Cheers
Thanks. I dunno what the camera was up to. I push the button and it does it's thing.
 
Looks pretty good, Bob. Thanks for sharing.
 
I'm always envious of these fall shots; it's one the things I miss the most after moving to Arizona. We have a very poor fall.

I added Cycle Gear's heated jacket liner and glove liners for times like that. Used it twice this past weekend when my skinny frame could not keep up with the heat loss via the wind. On the last day the morning warmed up quickly so it was not used very long but I'll tell you; cold can ruin your ride (you don't enjoy the ride and if you wait too long hypothermia sets in and your judgement goes to pot, muscles tighten up and you are unable to react like you need to - simply a bad thing all around) and having electrics was a godsend. Highly recommended. Just buy them when they are on sale. :)
 
Thread starter
Rboe_imp said:
I'm always envious of these fall shots; it's one the things I miss the most after moving to Arizona. We have a very poor fall.

I added Cycle Gear's heated jacket liner and glove liners for times like that. Used it twice this past weekend when my skinny frame could not keep up with the heat loss via the wind. On the last day the morning warmed up quickly so it was not used very long but I'll tell you; cold can ruin your ride (you don't enjoy the ride and if you wait too long hypothermia sets in and your judgement goes to pot, muscles tighten up and you are unable to react like you need to - simply a bad thing all around) and having electrics was a godsend. Highly recommended. Just buy them when they are on sale. :)
Oh, I've got'em. I just need to wear'em :s
 
Thread starter
Rboe_imp said:
Oh man, this time of year, kick your self! :angel:


:D
Indeed. Though this week we are having sunny and 70 degrees, so that's a nice reprieve! Wish there weren't so many t-shirts to print :(
 
Thread starter
[/QUOTE]Very nice photos.
Please give the make, model and part number of your windshield, please...I am looking for one similar to yours.
Thank you.
[/QUOTE]
Hi Bob,
It's the National Cycle Street Shield EX. Here is a link to their line of shields that they recommend for the CB1100.
2013 Honda CB1100
I like mine but wish it were a bit taller or shorter. The turbulence is in an annoying spot for my height. Others have sawed theirs down with good results. I may try that one day.
 
Back
Top