Indypikes_imp
First service completed
Here's my visually offensive / disruptive Moto Guzzi Eldorado. She makes a great stablemate for the CB1100! Like the W800, you can find previous year leftovers at very reasonable prices these days....
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Somewhat like the Moto Guzzi V7.Wisedrum_imp said:Somewhat like the Moto Guzzi V7.GoldOxide_imp said:Somewhat like the Moto Guzzi V7.m in sc_imp said:I like them., but the w series and the triumphs Bonneville's (at least as of a few yrs ago) look great, but lack of performance was always the deal breaker for me. Nice looking bikes though.
Good looks (to many), quality build, classic soul, but overall gutless.
....but overall gutless.
Never heard the word "gutless" before. I translated it into German and found "feige", which paraphrased means: to be too afraid to do something. Something like that.
So I can't see, why a W is gutless. Maybe I don't understand this comparison and it can be descibed in a way I can get it.
Lack of power is a matter of eyesight. For 48HP the W800 has enough power in my eyes. I like the torquey layout of the engine right from down under. It feels good and pulls everywhere like the CB. Some think that even 90HP of the CB isn't enough. So what. For me the way an engine communicates its power is my fountain of joy while riding it. I like to cruise on a wide plateau of torque without peaks. So I choosed motorbikes with this character. The W has definitely such a character. One can find it boring. I don't do it.
Thanks for your explanation. Now I got the intended meaning concerning vehicles. The mystery of languages and their interna only native speakers will know.Cormanus_imp said:Wisedrum, ‘gutless’ has the meaning you found. Additionally, when used about a vehicle, it means ‘lacking power’.
Thanks for your explanation. Now I got the intended meaning concerning vehicles. The mystery of languages and their interna only native speakers will know.Wisedrum_imp said:Thanks for your explanation. Now I got the intended meaning concerning vehicles. The mystery of languages and their interna only native speakers will know.Cormanus_imp said:Wisedrum, ‘gutless’ has the meaning you found. Additionally, when used about a vehicle, it means ‘lacking power’.

I think it's a beautiful motorcycle, Indy. I'm one of those who really like Guzzi styling. It's like going to a classic car show: I admire the rugged power of American muscle cars. I appreciate the refined efficiency of Japanese automobiles. And then I see a Ferrari. It doesn't really matter which model it is, my eyes are just drawn to it. I don't care how fast it will do in a quarter mile. I don't care how many miles per gallon it gets. To me, the car blends form and function and excitement all into one beautiful automobile. That's also what I see in Moto Guzzi.Indypikes_imp said:Here's my visually offensive / disruptive Moto Guzzi Eldorado. She makes a great stablemate for the CB1100! Like the W800, you can find previous year leftovers at very reasonable prices these days....
![]()
I think this is true. At least for me. The heart has its own reasons of which the brain doesn't know. Besides some logical aspects like, can I afford the bike and its fuel consumption, will it be reliable, it is the heart, that chooses the bike. Will it make my heart resonate by the emotions it evokes or not? Riding motorbikes is a very emotional thing for me. I don't have to do it, but it's a strong desire carried by emotions to ride motorbikes. The bikes should strongly support these feelings by the way they look and are build.GoldOxide_imp said:Thanks for your explanation. Now I got the intended meaning concerning vehicles. The mystery of languages and their interna only native speakers will know.Wisedrum_imp said:Thanks for your explanation. Now I got the intended meaning concerning vehicles. The mystery of languages and their interna only native speakers will know.Cormanus_imp said:Wisedrum, ‘gutless’ has the meaning you found. Additionally, when used about a vehicle, it means ‘lacking power’.
Regardless of power or lack thereof, owners may choose a bike because it resonates with their heart. I think this is more true for more senior riders. I like the Guzzi V7, but it is too small for me. Otherwise, I could have been an owner - almost was of the Guzzi Griso. I like the looks of the W800, would ride one for sure to experience it.

peterbaron_imp said:Nice bikes, these Guzzis![]()
Yeah, in my other life I would own Guzzis.... we will do that PB.peterbaron_imp said:Me too, will take a look at the Vintage in Acton if still in business, I hope...
GoldOxide_imp said:... we will do that PB.peterbaron_imp said:Me too, will take a look at the Vintage in Acton if still in business, I hope...
I just hope they can stay in business!
peterbaron_imp said:GoldOxide_imp said:... we will do that PB.peterbaron_imp said:Me too, will take a look at the Vintage in Acton if still in business, I hope...
I just hope they can stay in business!
... we will do that [url=http://cb1100forum.com/forum/member.php?action=profile&uid=3454]PB.
I just hope they can stay in business!
So far OK, just virtually visited their site two days ago, still there!
So PB does ride in winter, "Period".peterbaron_imp said:I did a few days ago, 3 mile road test around the big block...check here::
cb1100forum_mileage.xls
:excited: